Tank Journal Archive

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
It's Stocked!!
This has been the shortest cycle ive ever had in the tank! its been just over 2 weeks and the water is okay to put livestock in! i wasn't too surprised as it was NSW and all that was in the tank was base rock. The live rock in the fuge helped establish a pod colony. anyway ill take better photos when time allows but here was a few quick snaps from this morning.

1392732_656955954326146_139387654_n.jpg

1396616_656955960992812_736108902_n.jpg
1420214_656955957659479_1658208663_n.jpg

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
ive left it like it is for a few days already. i knew beneficial bacteria would still need to populate so ive been dosing microbacter7 from brightwell aquatics which has done wonders!! wont be adding more fish for at least another 2-3 weeks as the next fish on the list will be some dispar anthias. im thinking an anemone will be the next major coral to go in, as i need to make sure it doesnt go walk abouts when there is more coral in there haha

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Awesome mate!! Looks really good and definitely not empty :rofl I'm really digging the scape too. Plenty of room for sps :rolleyes The nem might take you a while before the tank is ready but I'm sure that @TheJordans can help out with that :)

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Awesome mate!! Looks really good and definitely not empty :rofl I'm really digging the scape too. Plenty of room for sps :rolleyes The nem might take you a while before the tank is ready but I'm sure that @TheJordans can help out with that :)
thanks wrangy! what do you mean with the nem?

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Looking good mate, is that the light you have been waiting for?
same type but the one over my tank atm was the prototype that dave got in to play around with. he let me borrow it in the mean time to give him some feed back on it :)

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
This has been the shortest cycle ive ever had in the tank! its been just over 2 weeks and the water is okay to put livestock in! i wasn't too surprised as it was NSW and all that was in the tank was base rock. The live rock in the fuge helped establish a pod colony. anyway ill take better photos when time allows but here was a few quick snaps from this morning.

View attachment 20590

View attachment 20591 View attachment 20592
Love that RH bommie. Remember to go slow. Only bad things happen fast in reefing.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Anemones need really stable water conditions is all :) I was just saying you might want to hold off a little while before adding one, not that I want to be a negative Nancy :p
Haha oh yeah I thought thats what you meant. I should have been a bit more clear. Ill at least wait a month till I put a nem in there. Params are stable but we all know how quick that can change just by adding a fish or a couple of corals so ill keep a close eye on things before doing anything drastic :)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Haha oh yeah I thought thats what you meant. I should have been a bit more clear. Ill at least wait a month till I put a nem in there. Params are stable but we all know how quick that can change just by adding a fish or a couple of corals so ill keep a close eye on things before doing anything drastic :)
Haha no problems. Yeah give it a while to give the nem the best chance because that can be picky little bastards :p What sort of nem are you going to get???