Reef Discussion

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Well that's a good thing, because everyone says I'm full of something to lol.

I'd be pretty confident that your 1 master can daisy chain into 3 slaves. It would make sense. :) I should have said that in the first post huh.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
hey rus. one master will power up to 8 foot of slaves (includeing the master) so if you got 4x 2 foot units it will be fine

LFSdirect

Jul 11, 2011
Sydney
After a lot of feed back from clients and customers Illumagic has found a solution to streamline the Advance model further.
The desision / debate about the C model and S model choice for customers provided a tough desision for customers to make.
After running both C or S model lights it was found that equal positve feedback was received about each light and equal numbers of people preferred a whiter light to a blue light and vice versa.
The solution is to provide one light model that is an average of the two units.
This S model ( known in prototype testing as the "Average model" ) will be known as the Standard model or Solution model , for now let's just call it the S model.
Essentially this light is an old S model with 1 white LED removed from the outer white row and replaced with a blue.

The effect exceeded expectations and is now considered an improvement on the old S model.

For a Cree version a single module is now 50 watts and a Polar version is now 38 watts.
This is due to the drive current being increased to 570mA on the Purple and UV lights making them 2 watt LED
The Cree are still driven at 1000mA and the Polar version driven at 700mA.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
When you say module is that the "cluster" of LEDs? ie the 120s has four modules? What wattage did a module formally run at?

And has one led changed per module? Or two one on each side? Also what white had been changed out a cool or neutral ?

And also does the price change ;)

LFSdirect

Jul 11, 2011
Sydney
Yes, a M-120 has four sets of modules in. M-90 has three, M-60 two, M-45 and M-30 has one.
One led Cool white on each white string has been replaced with a royal blue one side and blue the other side.

And yes there will be a price change, as we have been subsidising the Polar versions since their launch. There are changes to the prices on the Cree too. Prices to change soon. Had the new pricelist for a month already.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
If the price changes that's ok I can still stick with the C model which is fine by me.

Looking forward to the pics ;)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
:D love my new slimline model. looks very sleek im used to the look now. before i felt a little naked..

LFSdirect

Jul 11, 2011
Sydney
So Illumagic told me that the old S model of two rows white is now completely sold out, ther are a few C model modules left , that stock will be all sold out very soon too. The new S model is available now.

It was good while it lasted, having these choices, however that is now a closed chapter in Illumagic history.

Welcome the new and only version of Illumagic Blaze Advance S Model.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Well S and C are old now :p Yes your version and all the others before it. I thought the cree (old) model may have had cree purple and UV leds I didn't realise they had the polars in them though I had never really looked.

LFSdirect

Jul 11, 2011
Sydney
Polar have always been in the Cree advance model.
Illumagic had Polar specifically designed for the purple to get both blue and red into the spectrum.
Personally I am a bigger fan of Polar than Cree from my experience in running both brands.
Polar are a high quality photon emitter, can't fault them.
Cree just have the edge on the Polar due to them being able to be driven at higher amperage.
Bear in mind that most DIY set ups run their Crees at 750mA