Help / Suggestions

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
If I "follow" Someone Should I Get An Alert When They Post
Description says it all.......... I have only a few people I follow (yes not too many friends I know) however thought I used to get alerts if they posted something or created a new thread.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Their activity will be in your newsfeed.

follow.jpg

If you subscribe to various tank journals, each time a new entry is made you will get an alert.

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Oh yeah that makes sense thanks, it's a stupid question now I know the answer... Lol

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Don't say that, I didn't think it was stupid at all otherwise I wouldn't have answered it (coz I'm a bitch like that, lol)

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi @Rob,

As @Agent M said, it appears in the news feed. The reason you do not get an alert is because if you have 10 friends, and each friend makes 10 posts a day and 'likes' 10 posts a day, you will get 200 alerts.

Thanks.

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
whilst Im on stupid question, thought I would hide another in this thread, maybe just rename the thread Rob's NOOB questions . haha
OK its been ages since I updated my orig TJ and thought 2014 I better get on the new look TJ and get some content and be a contributor.... So question: When creating a tank journal entry it seems the pic displayed along with the title is the last pic uploaded prior to hitting submit thread. Is there anyway to change this pic once a new journal entry has been created ? I think for next time if I understand which pic it selects I can manage this feature.

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
I was actually after changing the pic for my light actuator thread, not the main avatar

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi @Rob,

The image for the thread is grabbed in this order

1) First Image Linked In Post
2) First Uploaded Image
3) Blank

So, if you would like a certain image as your thread image, please upload it first :)

Thanks.