Reef Discussion

Oct 17, 2015
Ideas Needed
I'm looking for ideas for a new coral, ideally something Ice blue or similar, low light, around same flow as xenia, I like the looks of goniapora but not the hassle, so preferably easy to keep

Tia

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
It's probably not what you are after, but at one stage I had a blue tree coral thing. Not sure exactly what it was, but it was along the lines of a Sinularia. It looked really good, but from what I can remember it got stung by another coral and died.

Oct 17, 2015
Good idea but directly above where I want this coral I have a Kenya tree so it would look a bit daft, and like a plank I let it attach to the live rock, now I can't move it

Oct 17, 2015
Oh yeah, that is gorgeous, shame about the price tag

Edit, scrub that, I was looking at live aquaria, I can get them at little over 10gbp, I'll definitely add one to my list,

What else would be a good addition? my system isn't sps capable, and I'm not bothered for fussy corals,

Last edited:

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
The Cespitularia out of Africa is a blue colour and Sympodium is blue. I don't recall a lot of blue corals out there. Odd colours command top dollar. If you're into clowns, you can get blue carpet anemones and saddleback clowns, but there again they're quite pricey.

Oct 17, 2015
To be honest @ReeferRob, Ive had nothing but bad luck with nems, I've lost two and I don't fancy loosing anymore, i also already have a trio of occilaris, got to admit though I love Fiji blue stripes,

It's not just blues I'm after, that's just for that one space, the pic doesn't show it but that rock seems to have an ice blue tinge, and I thought a coral of similar colour would look great, I need a lot of colours as my tank looks very beige and boring

Excuse my ignorance but isn't That another name for xenia elongata? Or is it just similar

Oct 17, 2015
@Agent M, that's my usual online supplier. Lol, and I've actually ordered the snowflake, problem is they must havecbeen out of stock back then too,(over a year ago) as they sent a brown anthelia,

How could a ricordia make folk jealous, i thought everyone had one apart from me