Reef Discussion

noah

Nov 28, 2011
Brisbane
Id and care on some new corals
Ok so after finding someone who was pulling down the tank and adopted a bunch of corals that are less that healthy and quite neglected I'm needing some iding so I can do a little more research on how to nurse them back to health.

Pictures are from iPad as it's easier if images are not clear enough for id I'll grab the SLR.

first ones a hammer this I know but one of them has lost it's colour and is very small assuming that's bleaching would this be correct.Yu can see the one in front has a little colour but the one in back is 90%white.
ai1107.photobucket.com_albums_h387_Rivertribe_d5f0a895.jpg

Next is a torch I think it's the last one standing the rest had died off. So after a more specific id to make sure he don't follow the others.
ai1107.photobucket.com_albums_h387_Rivertribe_7a05b9ae.jpg

This fella has a Hard disk as it's base and was much bigger. I it's retracted form I can see many teares on it's tenticals is this serious and will it heal itself
ai1107.photobucket.com_albums_h387_Rivertribe_a083cc6e.jpg

No idea what this is many polops have died off many are perking up since being in the tank.
ai1107.photobucket.com_albums_h387_Rivertribe_b63673a9.jpg

Again don't really know what this is and can I frag this as the rock it's on is rather ugly and aesthetically unpleasing.Again quite of dead coral on this one
ai1107.photobucket.com_albums_h387_Rivertribe_d4e077be.jpg

Don't really need long answers as I'm sure it's all been talked about before but a few names will help me in my search and point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Hi noah,

For some reason the thread won't allow me to post a response, maybe The Reefuge can have a look at it for us.

In answer to your questions:

1. Hammer
2. Torch
3. Long tentacle Fungia
4. Blastomussa merletti - looks in pretty good condition
5. Clove Polyps

I would start feeding Corals 1-3 with your own version of Eric Borneman's Coral Recipe, small amount 2-3 times a week. :)

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
same as the other two, cant post in that thread.

I was in the same thought with shane for the heliofungia.
I was also thinkinng the last pic was a cauliflower or palm tree. sorry dont know the scientific name.