Off-Topic

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
So did you get an after market optic sight, or it came with one?

Should get some bow vid vision happening, i'd be down for seeing that. Even if your shooting targets!
I bought one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/38042677...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1576wt_1139
The bow come bare so ive fitted it out myself.Which is the way to go as you get what you want.I bought some closed cell foam today from clarke rubber and ill make up a target and ill take some video when its done.

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
I made my own target and had a shot at my mates place,hes on property.I measured out 20/30 and 40meters.I didn't want to jinx myself so only had three shots lol.
IMAG0045.jpg

V

'vspec'

Nice ~ I did the same!
Just it was a a couple of sunday afternoon picnickers that got alittle to frisky on the property boundary! haha
awww.myindiancolors.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_01_arrow.jpg

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Any roo shooters on here?
Just picked up a roo that was staggering around on a busy road with a head wound - no other injuries. The wound was a perfectly round puncture in the temple, 5mm diameter I reckon, very neat - not your typical road accident injuries. Sound like a bullet to you? We got suspicious after a weird guy (high or something going on) tried to interfere while we were bagging it - he wanted to take it to feed to his animals. This is in the middle of suburbia :p Roo's get hit there all the time so it's more likely it got hit by a car, but this was an odd one with the guy hanging around so thought I'd ask.

The vet had a dig around for us once it was put to sleep but didn't find a bullet. I wouldn't know what a bullet hole looks like. I've taken a photo - will post it as soon as I can.

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
If its feral its fair game,never shot a native.We get people up here who take dead roos of the side of the road to feed there dogs all the time.Actually that's part of my job to take them off the road after they have been hit.I dragged a doe the other day,which was the third one in as many months.

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Is not game in suburbia however, fireing a firearm within a km of buildings is illigal (when i passed the test anyway), but it is possable that it was shot miles away but did survive to move along.
However a 5mm hole is quite small so either a small caliber bullet like a .22 that would have shattered into a billion peices when it hit, so no bullet to be found, or a bow, im leaning to bow if it was suburban

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Here is the pic I took of the roo - so what do you think? Only other possibility I can think of is there has been a sharp bit on the front of a car that has caused a puncture - but pretty strange there were no other injuries.

roo shot.jpg

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
Yes it looks like it was hit by something sharp on a car.If it was an arrow it would have gone through both sides.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Hole was right through to the skull but didn't seem to go beyond that so if there was an object in there I reckon it went around and lodged in the brain - we didn't ask for an x-ray as that would be a waste of resources at this stage - better reserve that for the lucky few that might make it.

I made my own target and had a shot at my mates place,hes on property.I measured out 20/30 and 40meters.I didn't want to jinx myself so only had three shots lol.
View attachment 4435
i got some new arrows for my bow :Dthis is how i went,
ai1253.photobucket.com_albums_hh587_joshy9177_DSCF4081.jpg

ai1253.photobucket.com_albums_hh587_joshy9177_DSCF4080.jpg

i haven't shot my bow in over 12 mouths, i think i did well:) i still have to sight in my bow a little more but its getting there:D hear is some pics of my bow,
ai1253.photobucket.com_albums_hh587_joshy9177_DSCF4079.jpg

ai1253.photobucket.com_albums_hh587_joshy9177_DSCF4077.jpg

and thanks heaps matman for the arrow rest i love it :)

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
Doing well what distance you shooting at?Glad you like the rest they are quite and good to hunt with.Where did you get your carbons from Grafton or disposals coffs?

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
Nice,I buy from a company called tenzone of fleabay.25m is a good distance.Try and set your pins to 20,30,40 and so on.

Colbosue

Aug 11, 2012
Colbinabbin
I have ruptured a disc in my back... I get pretty awesome muscle spasm/cramps in my neck and shoulder if I do the wrong things... I can still shoot my bow but its a bit risky if I head out in the scrub and start climbing and crawling around. And besides, My bowhunting mate (who sounds a lot like you with the toys BTW!) is also my fishing mate, and we both have been doing more fishing than bowhunting since he bought a sweet little boat!
As someone who is a shitload of meds after two back surgeries.....take curcumin tablets, natural no real side effects and I am weaning off the morphine since taking them (actually gone cold turkey but keeping some as an option if needed) they are truly amazing.

On the topic....only thing I hunt is mice, they are not allowed in my house or shed, come near my place if the dogs don't get them I do....very tough hunter I am :)