IMG_1926.JPG
IMG_1928.JPG
i got this fish from my uncle and i have had no luck
in identifying it i can see that it is a wrasse ahha
it could also be local... my uncles mate has a mate
who is a liscenced collector ( alot of mates.. i hope to
be mates with this guy ahah)from what im told the collector
lives near at stradbroke somewhere ahah ( how awesome
would that be ahha) anyway yeah thanks :)
its really fash and loves nori and spirulina its also doubled
in size ( 3-4cm) since when my uncle got it 6 months ago) :) ahah
thanks

No idea :P just something i always do im trying
not to do it anymore cause apparently its annoying haha
i dont think it really looks like a christmas wrasse ?? not that colourful ;)
any other ideas?
thanks

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I thought the same thing Tim, the pictures that Google through up don't look like this picture. But it may be a juvenile which could be different to the adult colouration.

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
No idea :p just something i always do im trying
not to do it anymore cause apparently its annoying haha
i dont think it really looks like a christmas wrasse ?? not that colourful ;)
any other ideas?
thanks
It is. Glad to see you are making an effort to stop it. Remember, there is always a delete button, so if you write it, just delete it :)

Yeah I found a pic almost identical to it collies and
markings thanks for the name reefsecrets , the
ornate wrasse / Christmas wrasse known as both is found in south east Queensland

Yeah I've recently found the delete button :) I have and in controllable tendency to ahaha all the time :P
Thanks

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Thanks dr_schell - that was why I asked the question earlier. I was looking through pictures of wrasse and that was one I picked out based on the pink section on the belly although I was put off a bit by the position of the eyespot on the dorsal fin.

Also my uncle told me the collector who he got it off ( a friend oof a friend of his apparently ) caught it somewhere around south east queensland so could not be the sri lankan one :/ but look unbelievably similar !! im about to move on from my uncles cycling fish n get me some real ones :)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Just for future reference Reefin - not really required to use fish to cycle a tank these days. There are lots of other ways without putting fish under stress, even hardy fish like damsels.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Not very nice for the fish to be in a cycling tank, regardless of if they can survive it or not. Would be like putting you into a sauna to sleep, you would survive it but it would not be plesent. Please cycle with the uncured live rock/prawns, and spare the fish the stress of the tank cycle.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
the thing with wrassess is that they are dimorphic, often sexually and with maturety. Even though the exact colours may not be exhibited on the specimen shown, the colour scheme/paturn may change with age.