Tank Journal Archive

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
P1000329.JPG

here is one of the collector urchin taken tonight-you can see its spines under its assortment of debris- even picked up a snail shell

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
did the eggs hatch?
Yup-was going to try bring them up-even set up a tank for it but then aborted the thought as realistically not enough time to do this and also I have a problem selling or giving any animals that I have away hence me having about 17+ mice at one stage. By the way they laid eggs again last night so it looks like it may be a 2 week cycle. Also finally the male clown has discovered my bleached nem after all this time- I don't think the nem is too happy about it though

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
That's a sad story-the little girl was rejected so ended up being kept separate and unfortunately never ate a lot like Marvel does and ended up dying:(

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Put in an algae wafer for Strombolini to eat tonight and guess what popped out from under a rock and stole it-was > 15cm long-couldn't see its back part-was still hidden
P1000440.JPG

P1000441.JPG

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
6 line wrasse or worm trap will fix him right up. They are good to have but I personally don't like when they get to big

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Hey Salty I'm weird- I like these creatures=has lived in my tank for yonks

I find creatures like this even more fascinating than the fish and corals

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
That why I have issues with them, when aquascaping live rock without even noticing you touch heaps of them. That why finger tips become super sensitive and swell, very annoying. Then again thats what gloves are for, right?? but in my case that would be to easy. :)

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
That why I have issues with them, when aquascaping live rock without even noticing you touch heaps of them. That why finger tips become super sensitive and swell, very annoying. Then again thats what gloves are for, right?? but in my case that would be to easy. :)
yeah-reckon we've all been there-that's when you say " pass the vinegar but hold the chips"

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I had one about 45 cm long only reason I removed him was when I downsized my tank, mine used to come out and feed with the fish!

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Tanks looking good Arie, yes that worm looks more like a pet than a worm.
Thank you Slin
Went a bit zoa mad got some great zoas from Luke and also yesterday at Aquariums @Asquith( lucky I'm on holidays=a lot of the stuff was already gone)-had a great special on-love these things

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Whilst in the area also popped into ReefRiverReptile- also a great place-never seems to be mentioned- great stock and great scolly prices;)

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Did another quick little LED build-only took about 30min max but bit of a cheat as used these :
Bridgelux LED Strip Royal Blue= has 6 LEDS already soldered in place. Replaced one of them with 420nm Actinic violet and used MeanWell LPC-35-700 driver( non-dimmable)--all this oredered from Aquastyleonline

Used " H" shaped aluminium from Bunnings as a heat sink.
Did this as wanted a bluer look to the tank which this has achieved. Was probably a waste of time just doing the 1 violet one though.