Tank Journal Archive

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Very happy with the Razor, excellent set of lights, just make sure you get the 90 degree lens upgrade - throws a much better light spread.
I also have the Razor over a 100cm tank atm and have the wider angle lenses on the two end lights. Other wise, I think the light would better suit a 80cm long tank and no wider than 50cm.

I have a 90x60(wide)x55(deep) CADE to set up but I envy your 50 wide tank. I would have preferred a 90x50x50 tank and in retrospect wish I'd bought a custom made tank, but were can you get an aluminium and glass cabinet that is light and that will last for the price of a CADE? I think 50 wide is wide enough for aquascaping.

Btw, tank looks really good.

JonoD

Mar 3, 2015
just talked to them at majestic and ordered one and they come stock with the 90 degree lens kit.

Chrismelb

May 14, 2013
just talked to them at majestic and ordered one and they come stock with the 90 degree lens kit.
Correct, they come standard with 90. I think when folks are referring to wide angle lenses they mean the new 120. Also the new units have a different led array and slightly more wattage. For example the 120w is now 130w and from 16k to 15k

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
You're right, I had my angles mixed up.
The wide angle ones also are white instead of black which also seems to help the light throw.

JonoD

Mar 3, 2015
I just found out today that they have changed their models and it's about $100 dearer but the guys at majestic said they will do it for $599.
Have any of you seen or found any info on the 130 watt can't seem to find information on the net about them. And the new ones come stock with the 120 degree lenses

Chrismelb

May 14, 2013
I just found out today that they have changed their models and it's about $100 dearer but the guys at majestic said they will do it for $599.
Have any of you seen or found any info on the 130 watt can't seem to find information on the net about them. And the new ones come stock with the 120 degree lenses
Ive just been researching them myself as i plan to order one tomorrow. Theve got more white less royal blue and more blue but apart from that more or less the same. Sorry cant post link yet. But some specs on the 15k can be found if u hit Australian aquariums website.

Ive spent ages researching leds and think this is one of the best commercial fixtures in terms of spectrum for corals.

JonoD

Mar 3, 2015
Just ordered one and found a little bit of info out about them, the difference between the 120w and the 130w is the 130w is more effficient and has 19 LEDs per cluster instead of the original 13 and it come standard with the 120 degree lens kit.

When I get it I'll post up some pics and anymore info that comes with the light in a new thread

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
That's interesting. All the reviews I can find on the new 130w and 180w all show only 13 LEDs per cluster.
Where did you see images of them with 19 per cluster?

JonoD

Mar 3, 2015
That's interesting. All the reviews I can find on the new 130w and 180w all show only 13 LEDs per cluster.
Where did you see images of them with 19 per cluster?
I haven't seen any pics of them I am only going off the info I got of the store I'm buying it from and it makes sense for it to have more LEDs because if it didn't it would actually be less efficient due to it using 10 extra watts with the same amount of LEDs