Reef Discussion

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Coral Id No Photos, Sorry. :(
I was at the LFS this weekend and saw a coral with the following characteristics:

• it was on a piece of live rock.
• it looked pretty much like hair.
• Except the polyps were really stiff.
• The polyps were only about 5 mL long.
• it looked similar to grass now I think about it.
• I've seen it in blue and green variations.

that's all I've got.... Lol sorry I wish I had more...

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
beware the GSP.... its the devil. as when it takes a hold it will destroy anything in its path. I thought it looked great in my tank for about 6 months however I had to take out 1/2 my scape to get rid of it. It would grow up my mature sps pieces and over everything. Mine even grew under the rocks to pop out the other side of the scape. Looked fantastic though, need a really big tank so you can dedicate a nice size rock to it.

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
I had some on one of my rocks... Near what I thought was a Red Sea fan... I think it might appear in that photo. I'll reupload it tonight!

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
I think it is a favourable coralline algae except it feels like the bristles of a brush… my LFS is selling both blue and green varieties.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Sorry Dean, but I'm not sure what I am meant to be looking at in your photo :confused:

I can't say I have ever heard of a LFS selling a coralline algae ... and calcium based algae's are going to be hard, not like the bristles of a brush.

Maybe you can take a photo when you are at the LFS next time.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Looks a bit like that Dragon Breath or whatever it is called.

But Dean, that red not green. You not going to tell us you're colourblind are you? Not that it matters, but if someone tries to sell you a purple tang for $30 then it might...

Did you see this coral thing in Aquaristic?

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Looks a bit like that Dragon Breath or whatever it is called.

But Dean, that red not green. You not going to tell us you're colourblind are you? Not that it matters, but if someone tries to sell you a purple tang for $30 then it might...

Did you see this coral thing in Aquaristic?
I'll take all the $30 Purple tangs you can get for me and we'll split the profit. I pay $71 average landed here in The States for one.