Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Coral Addition Thread
This tank will be predominately be ricordea dominated. Here's one of the beauties which will be going into the new tank. I've collected just a handful of ricordeas just for this tank so hopefully I'm able to add some more really nice ones.

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
That's a really nice one! Will be interesting to see how a ric dominated tank goes :)
Yeah dude thanks! She's sitting at 8-9cm ATM. Hoping it reaches 15cm.

Haven't seen any ric dominated tanks around so thought I might aswell spark one up. :)

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Just a simple top down shot with my phone before and after a feeding of pellet food. It's just a standard ugly ricordea.. But the special part is that my pair of white spotted anemone shrimps host it.

Pretty cool huh?

image.jpg

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Cool little shrimp you got there! The crabs are definitely cool too!
Yeah they're pretty cool to watch. Appreciate these type of reef invertebrates more inside a nano tank. Yeah those crabs will definitely be getting a pair when I'm able to

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Just a quick snap of my small zoa collection under the combo rays sunset mode. Really digging the look I get under them. I can take shots without a massive blue of blue.

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Hey guys, just a shot of some of my plain ricordeas. Tank will slowly be stocked.. But for the time being.. Getting these guys to grow out more. Also got a couple cultured babies on plugs already. They're growing pretty well.

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Hey guys.. Taking the next step torwards sps corals. I've obtained a nice shape and sized purple blue tipped stag. Hopefully it does well under the combo rays. So far.. It's polyp extension is really good and it's holding colour.. It's a dark purple stag with a slight greenish glow to it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Nice polyps for sure! Don't think your camera picks up the colour too well though ... looks a bit browned out

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
My tanks finally back online with fish. Also my corals are growing great! My zoanthids are chugging along quite well. My new blue hornets are growing so fast.. I've got heaps of growth on them..

Good to finally have fish back into the tank.. Added a single orange Occellaris, my old cherub Pygmy angel and a pair of fire tai gobies.

I'm a big fan having the nice shapes and sizes of corals in my tank.. Even though a lot of people would think tiles are ugly and "unnatural" With zoanthids.. I like to have them grow into a round ball of polyps. My orange and yellow zoas.. Are a great example.. They've covered the tile and look great.. Now I'm just waiting for my hornets and purples to grow..

image.jpg

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Haven't did a proper update in a while as oppose to where my tanks going.. I've taken the dive into keeping a sps dominant tank with a handful of bit and bobs. My sps are taking off pretty good.. They're colouring up real well and into colours I didn't even think they'd change to.

If you look at my previous update of the stag.. I acquired.. It's now totally different in terms of colouration.. Also my Dallas is much much brighter and has become a solid Fluro green.

I've also added a handful of sps frags which I also hope take off really well too. I've added a frag of * birds of paradise birdnests - a green monti cap frag.. Could be plating - a frag of a dark purple stag and a few more Dallas frags.

I'll be looking to adding more sps frags primarily.. Which will be the other variants of birdnest. The pink, the green, the pink with yellow tips and the green with pink tips.

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Just an update on my tank..

Just got my first pair of porcelain crabs today.. This is the female.. She a fair size.. Even though she has 3 legs.. And one claw.. She's in the tank and is having a good feed. She's also holding a big clutch of bright red eggs.. The male didn't want to cooperate.. But he's in perfect condition but chucking a sook. They're pretty awesome!

My bi colour blenny has been abit of a c$@%#* lately and smashed both of my new Dallas frags.. Literally bit them/ate them till theirs no tissue left.. He's also eaten half of the base of my established Dallas frag.

I told myself if sps didn't work out.. I'd just go back to softies and inverts.. But I think I'd rather get rid of my bicolour blenny instead.

Female porcelain holding a clutch of eggs:

image.jpg

Also a shot of my blue hornets under white lighting.. It's a stand out for sure:

image.jpg