Reef Discussion

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
interesting. I have 1 from very small, around a cm or so give or take a few mm. now about 4cm, it has never been agessive or any other problems. the only reason I got it though is because the missus wanted one. i would of preffered to put that to some corals :D

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
These fish are from the carabian. Just like the royal grammas, if you could get your hands on one, its cost would be expensive.
Talbots damsels are commonly availible in Australia and generally sell for about $15.

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
those Talbots are a nice damsel! havent seen them around before. the blue reef chromis is nice too. shame it would be so expensive. what I was saying is there is a lot of other options for blue coloured fish out there :D

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
if you tank is established, you could try a blue linkia starfish. Mine has thrived with little attention. Feeds on detritus and the occasional bit of food that the fish, nassarius or shrimpo do not get.

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
awesome!

I did have one in a little nano, went to my brothers shop and was sold. been wanting one or two again as they are cool and not overly expensive, I think I got mine for around 12 bucks.
might have to get the LFS to get some in. dont want massive ones though. which type would be best? say growth to around maybe 3 inchs? tops?

Tang

Jul 21, 2011
Sydney
Blue Reef Chromis (Chromis cyaneus) is from the Atlantic so chances are an importer would be able to source them.

The unfortunate part is that they will probably be $50-70.

That's one expensive chromis!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Those atlantic chromis look much better then the normal ones we see avaliable. its not as dear as some anthias:confused: lol