News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Classifieds Updated
Hello everyone,

As it was stated in this update, the classifieds have now been switched to mandatory fields. The listings who did not include this field information will no longer work. Users will be prompted with an error when trying to reply.

If you have a listing which is locked-out, you can simply make a new listing with the same information.

Thanks.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
Can we make it so people can't post Pick up from NSW by any chance? Kind of a big place and can lead to someone missing out if they see the ad but need to ask location then see the reply too late

Elias

Nov 15, 2011
Berwick
Has there being a change to the posting criteria? I can't post in the classifieds and there is a message at the bottom of the page that states I have insufficient privileges to post here.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Can we make it so people can't post Pick up from NSW by any chance? Kind of a big place and can lead to someone missing out if they see the ad but need to ask location then see the reply too late
Hello @aussieant32,

Users should only be using "pickup" if they are not willing to ship the item. This lets the person viewing the ad know that the item can not be shipped to them, so the only option left is pickup.

Has there being a change to the posting criteria? I can't post in the classifieds and there is a message at the bottom of the page that states I have insufficient privileges to post here.

Hello @Elias,

Please make sure you are not posting on the main page. If you would like to post an ad, please follow the steps located in the sidebar. You must first select the category your ad needs to be placed in. If you are replying to an old ad, it may not work. If you can, please post a screenshot of what you are clicking that is throwing the error (as well as the URL).

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
yer but if they put pick up and the location as New South Wales... see what I mean?
Hello @aussieant32,

I'm sorry but I am missing your point?

If I am located in N.S.W and I have something for sale, say a big fish tank and I am not able to ship it to another person I would put "NSW" as my prefix. This means that there is no chance I am willing to ship the tank. If however I am willing to ship, I would place "Shipping" as my prefix. This allows members to know that I am willing to ship the item. If I am willing for members to pickup the item AND I am willing to ship I would set the prefix to "Shipping" and include that pickup is also available in my listing.

Thanks.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
NSW is a bloody big place mate. What if it sas Tank for Sale pick up NSW. I want it but not really willing to travel to Dubbo for it, so I ask where in NSW. While I am offline the person says it is in Ryde, which I would happily travel for but someone has come in and taken it.

Just trying to say that maybe people should put a more accurate location than just a state.

Sure the prefix NSW is fine, but maybe in the template an actual location needs to be entered?

Maybe something a mod can ensure is entered or the ad is removed or something I dont know, just trying to make someting that bugs the life out of me work

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @aussieant32,

I am not sure if you have looked over the new way the classifieds are handled or not, but there are mandatory fields a user must fill in when creating a new listing.

• Price
  • Shipping
If these fields are not filled in when creating a new listing, it will not accept the listing to go through. So if a user creates a listing and it says pickup from NSW, they will have to fill in the location (suburb) and the postcode. I think this solves your problem.

Thanks.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
@The Reefuge
I need to post an ad and it's saying I have got insuficient priveliges to post an ad,
Cut me some slack you mean tyrant! I am like member number 7 or so on this forum!
;) :) :)
How can I get back into the good books? What credits do I need?
PS only tried from my phone so maybe the PC the way to try.

Best Regards
Nils

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
I just posted a test ad, I found it very confusing.
  • I selected shipping as my 2nd option on the side bar but no prefix was added to my post, I still had to do it from the drop down on the main page.
  • At no time did it prompt me for postcode etc but I was still able to post my ad.

Needs more work me thinks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
@The Reefuge
I need to post an ad and it's saying I have got insuficient priveliges to post an ad,
Cut me some slack you mean tyrant! I am like member number 7 or so on this forum!
;) :) :)
How can I get back into the good books? What credits do I need?
PS only tried from my phone so maybe the PC the way to try.

Best Regards
Nils
Hello @slin1977,

Your account is a business account, it needs to be changed back to a member account (which I will do). Business accounts are not able to post ads in the classifieds section.

Thanks.

I just posted a test ad, I found it very confusing.
  • I selected shipping as my 2nd option on the side bar but no prefix was added to my post, I still had to do it from the drop down on the main page.
  • At no time did it prompt me for postcode etc but I was still able to post my ad.
Needs more work me thinks.
Hello @ijg3956,

Something is broken, I will start fixing it. It should force you to fill in the field. However, I will post some information here so you can see how they work.

Only the "For Sale" ads require the fields to be filled in. The "requests" do not.

The sidebar filters are mainly for browsing. They help the user quickly find what they are looking for, and where. However, to post a new ad you do not need to filter the results. Users can not post ads on the main page, as the main page is only a list of all the ads combined.

Posting an ad in the "For Sale" section.

• Select the category for your ad (in the sidebar - livestock, consumables, hardware)
  • Click on "Post new thread" (This will add the listing in the correct category)
  • Fill out all fields

The same goes for "Requests".

Thanks.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Cheers for fixing that for me :)
Loving the live radio , got to tune in more often.
Thanks for all your hard work at keeping this forum going.
Catch up soon.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Cheers for fixing that for me :)
Loving the live radio , got to tune in more often.
Thanks for all your hard work at keeping this forum going.
Catch up soon.
Hello @slin1977,

I checked over your account and everything is in order. I believe you were looking at the front page of the classifieds. This is only a feed forum and nothing can be posted in it (as nothing exists). You need to select the category in the sidebar, and then proceed to create your ad in that category.

You're welcome :)

Thanks.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Hello @slin1977,

I checked over your account and everything is in order. I believe you were looking at the front page of the classifieds. This is only a feed forum and nothing can be posted in it (as nothing exists). You need to select the category in the sidebar, and then proceed to create your ad in that category.

You're welcome :)

Thanks.
Lol, ill do more drunken navigating ! Gees it's tough at the top.