Reef Discussion

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
This is a very interesting topic , I no longer have one in my tank but I wonder, is Flow is the Issue?
Too much flow and the tentacles lose their bubble???
I'm starting to think that all this bubbling or not bubbling is just within their normal range of movements and perhaps there is no environmental reason behind it. Whoever started this age old question of why they bubble, and then spread it throughout the hobby so we could all sit here scratching our heads needs to be found and punished! :p

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
This is a very interesting topic , I no longer have one in my tank but I wonder, is Flow is the Issue?
Too much flow and the tentacles lose their bubble???
Mine all get varying amounts of flow through the day and they still go from bubbles in the morning to flowing tentacles when the lights are ramped up. I don't know. I need to figure out this damn camera so I can do a time lapse for the 3 hour ramp up to full power to watch it. Every time I start to watch them I get interrupted and forget to watch.

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
I've got two lines of BTAs in my tanks, all seem to 'grow' out of having bubbles. Two are in a minimal flow tank, four are in high flow and all just sway and go with the flow with their bubbles mostly gone. The tiny ones seem to have bubbles and then just lose them as they get bigger. No idea why.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
OK, I added another 84w of LED to the tank and now that bastards are bubbling more than ever so that blows my theory of more surface area right out of the water.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Has anyone else had a bubble tip hide after they split? We had 4, now we have 7 and 1 decided he wanted to be inside a cave. It poked up though the rocks for a while this morning as the lights were ramping down. this is the first time they've done this and we've had 10 or so splits in 16 months.