Tank Journal Archive

newTOreef

Nov 16, 2013
yea thats true, i think its alright too, but everything ive read bbout them says, quality of water, light and flow is everything, n was just a lil concerned as it was sheltering from the light it seems

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Ive seen huge, expensive carpets hide where you cant even see them in tanks with amazing water quality, flow and light. Nothing to stress about if it still has colour :)

newTOreef

Nov 16, 2013
well thats the main thing, i had a good look b4, he has a nice gental flow in that area, and i guess for the best part his tenticals are out in the light, im prob just getting paranoid lol

newTOreef

Nov 16, 2013
oh ok cool thanks guys, ill just leave him settle in and do his thing, n hopefully he comes around n decides to come right out, if not n his happy there well thats alright too

jimbo

Jul 31, 2013
Yeah they sometimes take a little bit of time to settle into a spot they like :)

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
I got a RBTA, so excited to get it into the tank, stayed in place for 2 days then hid for 14 months at the back of the tank.... Out of sight out of mind (although I remembered the $$ I paid for the bloody thing) about 6 months ago it climbed into my rocks again and now takes pride of palce extending high ontop of a rock outcrop. Good luck and hope it finds a mutually exceptable spot...

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Yep all normal, mine hid for a week until it figured out where it wanted to place itself. Hasn't moved since.

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
It will move.... one day when you have set it all perfect the Nem will move... to exactly where you dont want him to be but... They always move eventually.
Fair enough - the clowns breed next to it so it's probably getting regular feedings :O hence why it stays (for now anyway).

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Interesting that comment that was made about putting it in the spot you want and feed it straight away to try to get it to stay there (not sure where the comment was made, but somewhere here on the forum), and now Holly pointing out that her clowns feed hers and it has stayed put. *files that piece of info away for a rainy day*

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I got a RBTA, so excited to get it into the tank, stayed in place for 2 days then hid for 14 months at the back of the tank.... Out of sight out of mind (although I remembered the $$ I paid for the bloody thing) about 6 months ago it climbed into my rocks again and now takes pride of palce extending high ontop of a rock outcrop. Good luck and hope it finds a mutually exceptable spot...
Hah your story came immediately to mind when I read this.

As I mentioned on FB, I think the change in lighting intensity has made it hide too. Those lights it came from were 1/3 the wattage of yours.

So give it time to acclimate and it will be good.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Interesting that comment that was made about putting it in the spot you want and feed it straight away to try to get it to stay there (not sure where the comment was made, but somewhere here on the forum), and now Holly pointing out that her clowns feed hers and it has stayed put. *files that piece of info away for a rainy day*
I did this with my first bta and now my crispa and it has worked on both occasions.