Reef Discussion

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Thanks for all the information everyone. @Oceanarium kleins was the other fish on the list as possible. Good to hear they like the buggers. Yes they are just with morphs/rics. Your experience has been invaluable to hear about. We'll be sure to try to get a nice fat little one next time if we try them again. I've got peps and will be trying to breed them into the systems so there is extra precautions :)

@Lesley I've never had success with that product. They always come back no matter how carefully I apply it. If I can inject hyper saline solution in them then it works.

Kenneth

Dec 16, 2013
No I bought it, about $12 if I remember correctly.
He wasn't eating when we got him it took about 5 days of me sticking it on the glass before I realized he would have a better chance in the rocks. The minute I put it somewhere he could get to it from underneath he started eating. once he got stronger and healthier he then started eating with the other fish. I think sometimes feeding time can be intimidating for a new fish, with everyone darting around like idiots.
Hi where do you buy the net and what food do you use in it ?not that I have any but who knows what the future holds,great idea

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I just bought one from here
https://aquariumproducts.com.au/catalogue_products.php?prodID=5217&catID=35
cheap shipping too!
Ill be using it to put a piece of mussel in to feed my copperband.
Just a heads up. The sides of the netting are actually open edges. My tangs were always getting the food out and it floated off. So I used some wool/cotton type stuff and stitched it up along the edges and just left the top near the clip open. I would suggest you do the same as food lasts much long and the other fish give up trying !!

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Just a heads up. The sides of the netting are actually open edges. My tangs were always getting the food out and it floated off. So I used some wool/cotton type stuff and stitched it up along the edges and just left the top near the clip open. I would suggest you do the same as food lasts much long and the other fish give up trying !!
Thanks for the tip. I can see my foxface doing this for sure!

Oceanarium

Nov 8, 2011
Perth
I've got peps and will be trying to breed them into the systems so there is extra precautions :)
You need to be careful with the Peppy's, they can like morphs especially if your keeping them in higher densities they can do some serious damage. They don't have my trust with rics one on its own can devour the small ones from natural pedal laceration.

It would be seriously good to have some Berghia nudi's being cultured here. They exist I have collected them myself on a few occasions in the past from north west Au. I tried looking for them to culture myself for a few years and never came across any more, now I sold mt collectors licence :rolleyes

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
You need to be careful with the Peppy's, they can like morphs especially if your keeping them in higher densities they can do some serious damage. They don't have my trust with rics one on its own can devour the small ones from natural pedal laceration.

It would be seriously good to have some Berghia nudi's being cultured here. They exist I have collected them myself on a few occasions in the past from north west Au. I tried looking for them to culture myself for a few years and never came across any more, now I sold mt collectors licence :rolleyes
Ahhh I appreciate the heads up, I am still on the fence as to breeding them as I've done a bit of research and am not convinced I can be successful.

Those nudibranches are amazing! I would SO enjoy watching them slowly eat aptasia.... I've never seen them at the LFS either. I've got a black nudi with a white stripe around somewhere in my prop tank at the moment. Doesn't seem to like aptasia....