Reef Discussion

Which BioPellets Do You Use

• Total voters

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney

Good video on the new All-In-One BioPellets it's a long video but good video for someone just starting out as well as answering a few questions for those who probably already know they're stuff

E

ezza

My OCD kicks in when I see people mix up "there/their/they're". ;)

Thanks for finding the video!

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
how are these Pellets for you @Sarg?
Seem good enough. Keep phos and nitrate down, haven't tested for over a month, they originally kicked down to 0.00's all round but last time I checked phos was sitting at .03 (several previous tests were the same) and nitrate was at .05ish hard to tell exactly with colour tests.

I just cleaned the reactor and pellets tonight as I was getting a lot of mulm building up in the reactor so much so it was clogging the feed line to the skimmer. I think it may have been because I was adding extra bacteria supp as I had read it was a good idea to mix up the strains of bacteria to avoid having only one strain. At the current level the pellets are running at it also causes a dead spot were pellets sit idle that may have also been the cause allowing build up of mulm as they are not moving. We shall see how it all goes now it been all cleaned.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Seem good enough. Keep phos and nitrate down, haven't tested for over a month, they originally kicked down to 0.00's all round but last time I checked phos was sitting at .03 (several previous tests were the same) and nitrate was at .05ish hard to tell exactly with colour tests.

I just cleaned the reactor and pellets tonight as I was getting a lot of mulm building up in the reactor so much so it was clogging the feed line to the skimmer. I think it may have been because I was adding extra bacteria supp as I had read it was a good idea to mix up the strains of bacteria to avoid having only one strain. At the current level the pellets are running at it also causes a dead spot were pellets sit idle that may have also been the cause allowing build up of mulm as they are not moving. We shall see how it all goes now it been all cleaned.
So did you start with these or did you switch from other pellets or did you add the pellets after the tank was running for a bit?

asking all these as im curious to know the harm in adding pellets to a tank that has already started and how a system handles a change in pellets or what not.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
wondering what the results will show on these all-in-one pellets. hoping they are good as im looking into them for my tank.

does anyone know if you go full zeo if biopellets are overkill or counteractive?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham

Good video on the new All-In-One BioPellets it's a long video but good video for someone just starting out as well as answering a few questions for those who probably already know they're stuff
Summary for those without 30 minutes to spare? :p

We should do a monster GB on these, they seem to do the trick. Would make it only $6/150ml excluding shipping, rather than the $18/150ml for the smaller portions.

https://store.drtimsaquatics.com/NP-Active-Pearls-5-gallons_p_263.html
astore.drtimsaquatics.com_assets_images_drtims_aquatics_5_gal_npa_pearls.jpg

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Summary for those without 30 minutes to spare? :p

View attachment 41769
I'll keep you posted on his results.

We should do a monster GB on these, they seem to do the trick. Would make it only $6/150ml excluding shipping, rather than the $18/150ml for the smaller portions.

https://store.drtimsaquatics.com/NP-Active-Pearls-5-gallons_p_263.html
View attachment 41769
Do these have a shelf life if unused?

If not then @naqua should bring them in and sell them in @naqua resealable bags :D

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
wondering what the results will show on these all-in-one pellets. hoping they are good as im looking into them for my tank.

does anyone know if you go full zeo if biopellets are overkill or counteractive?
I think biopellets are overkill on a zeo tank... That's a great price per 150ml!

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
I'll probably just pick some up from @holly given she is already ordering a bucket. Might look into the wholesale option for naqua at some point in the future.
I'm not ordering those exact ones (the brown looking ones) just in case you were after that exact brand. I'm getting in 15kg - so will have plenty :P Price will be around $10/150ml minus VIP member discount.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I'm not ordering those exact ones (the brown looking ones) just in case you were after that exact brand. I'm getting in 15kg - so will have plenty :p Price will be around $10/150ml minus VIP member discount.
Yeah I checked out the ones you are getting. $10/150ml is a great price too, put me down for some :)

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
So did you start with these or did you switch from other pellets or did you add the pellets after the tank was running for a bit?

asking all these as im curious to know the harm in adding pellets to a tank that has already started and how a system handles a change in pellets or what not.
I added them after. They take a month or so to kick in so no drama adding at any stage.

I'm having issues with mine at the moment, they are giving off a sh!te load of bacterial film so much so it clogs up the reactor!

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I added them after. They take a month or so to kick in so no drama adding at any stage.

I'm having issues with mine at the moment, they are giving off a sh!te load of bacterial film so much so it clogs up the reactor!
Any pics?