Reef Discussion

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Anyone Wanna Go To The Aquarium And Pond Expo??
Hi all,

I'm thinking of flying up for a day or two to go see this expo, anyone interested in coming? Would be happy with either an early flight up, late flight home or a more leisurely two day job.

It is at the Sydney Olympic park show grounds on the 17th and 18th May. More info on Facebook and here: http://www.aquariumandpondexpo.com.au/

Anyone keen on bit of a reefing trip???
Sam

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Correct, spoke with Ken yesterday and he is driving up with all his goods.

Few other names we know will be there too. Not sure on live goods, but don't want to miss all the dry goods/hardware :)

Sam

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
It would be great to fly home in the evening so your goods stayed healthy and alive :P I'll be interested if I can get together some funds.

Str8edge

Mar 10, 2013
Shepparton
Is it possible to bring coral/livestock back on a flight in Carry on luggage or will there be a crap load of paperwork and stuff??

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I looked into going but bad timing as we have a trip to Perth planned then for someone's birthday. Sounds fun though, I've always looked jealously at some of the events overseas!

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Ok, I'm ready to book flights - they are about $60 each way at the moment, so keen to get in at that price. Anyone want to take the jump and share a cab from airport with me?

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I'm still not sure livestock is being sold?
I'm still trying to work out how hard livestock there is going to be.
Major guys like Cairns Marine are probably parting with enough cash to get enough juice to run tanks (seriously, they're limiting power to regular stands to bugger all). After having gone through all the conditions for stall holders, I decided it's gonna be easier to use marketing, let computers do some of the work (power efficient ones) and give a big enough discount to expo attendees that they shouldn't mind waiting a few days (or not bloody long given when Ken wants to drive back lol).

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I'd rather wait till I got home to get a package from ballarat than carry something back from Sydney anyway. Will be sure to support the Vic stands!!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Failing that, come support the stand for the two smallest businesses at the expo... :P
Now, I need to get off the reefuge, watch TWD, then get back to working on the slide shows for the expo!

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Hey guy's,
@K&J Aquatics will be found at stand #52, right next door to some crowd named Cairns Marine, #50 &51.
We will be show casing @Loony's Frags @Beyond the sea reef @aquaticculture & Brightwell products on hand over the weekend.
Of course we will also be show casing Avast Marine & have a fresh bath of Reef Suds. :)
There will be a number of "specials" running for the expo so make sure you stop by & say G'day while your there.
I'm sure Cairns Marine will love the extra people stopping by their stand also :p

We will staying Friday & Saturday night, so if your planning on staying up there also, or the @[USERGROUP=9]New South Wales[/USERGROUP] crowd want to grab dinner one night, give us a yell! We will also be trying to catch a few of the LFS on Friday afternoon, any stay open late on a Friday??

Anyone that does need that special kind of freight back to Vic, as long as you have it to us by close of show Sunday evening, it will be back in Melbourne Monday morning. :)