Off-Topic

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
Just did the sub woofer mod. Jaycar 40.00 special (8" sub) fits into factory sub location, used some dynomat on the rear parcel shelf great 100.00 mod to the factory sound. I have the premium sound installed and the sub was an easy start. Will do the rear door speakers next month and again dynomat the door skins. Working up to doing the front splits as the tweeter is in the pillar

Current mods:

Air box XR8 installed with K&N filter
Exhaust - new centre resonator
Intercooler - Will be installing a full rapid V1 kit soon includes new aluminium pipes.

Then off to HP-F for a tune.

Rapid's kit is excellent - Chris is a champ and I did alot of R&D with him on his & my XR6t's back in the day.....
V1 kit _ if you can stretch it pay the extra $400 and get the V2 with the intake - gets rid of the factory cross over POS..

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
@GhostRPH.. I did email Chris prior to Christmas, wanted to know if the V1 fits without chopping too much out of the front infrastructure.

Im only planning minor mods and want it to look as stock as possible, besides the big front grill :)

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
Only minor trimming is needed with all the Rapid System kits...
I ran the V3.5 (iirc) with the 4" intake & airbox, hoooge cooler, 3" hot & Cold sidepipes, battery relocated to the boot and I only had to shave a little bit of a join behind the bumper reo to get the cooler core fitting perfectly..

Chris does supply de-structions for his kits though...and is only a phone call away if you get stuck..

Cant recommend Chris and his products highly enough

Reactions: Rob

saint

Jan 23, 2012
was going threw my photobucket and found these

my super dooper (lol) wide mouth intake with ss inductions growler CAI, the growler makes a great induction sound
and if you look hard enough you can just see the JMM headers and yes i know its still missing a snail hanging off the side :p

ai87.photobucket.com_albums_k150_divyb_P8030918.jpg

and my lil DIY boot install

ai87.photobucket.com_albums_k150_divyb_giutgi.jpg

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
A day at Phillip Island

Looks low on the track, lucky i didn't pickup 150 ltrs of NSW, was tempting with all that sea around :)

awww.fordxr6turbo.com_forum_uploads_monthly_04_2014_post_7188_0_91233100_1396781079.jpg

awww.fordxr6turbo.com_forum_uploads_monthly_04_2014_post_7188_0_74624900_1396781271.jpg

Last edited:

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
In my mind I won the day (haha) at least I bought her home in one piece :) Was not a timed event and lots to learn in understanding the limits. Had 4 track runs for the day.. Car was fantastic although have done suspension and brakes in the last 6 months + new Nitto tyres, although at the time I did not realise I would have a track day. Will probably do at least a couple of track days a year... to justify more modifications. Now to find a set of (F)8.5" / (R)9.5" x 19" staggard rims to get some more rubber on the road.... Although my current 245x35x19 did a better than expected good although lost traction coming onto boost out of a few of the slower corners. Larger rear brakes was a very worthy upgrade pulled up really hard coming off the front straight at ~200. Although aftermarket rims will let me get into a even bigger brake setup in a few years. Learning fast its handling (suspension/brakes) over sheer power.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Home in one piece is always good. I know a guy who used to get in on track days with an FG XR8 (back when they made them), and he always called coming home straight a win.
Easy to forget how big a Falcon is until you need to pull the bastards up quick :P Have you tweaked the psi to see if you can get a few extra herbies out of her?

My old man's been debating trying to swindle an XR6T to replace his current XR6 work car - seeing as how it'll probably be his last new Falcon, sounds like a swell idea. Better yet, I'll need to babysit his car in a few months when he goes overseas. I mightn't even mind the fact that I'll need to drive to South Oz every weekend for a few weeks while he's away. I suspect I'll earn a pretty healthy respect for it pretty damn quickly :P