Tank Journal Archive

stefan79

Jan 8, 2012
Liverpool
Hey Matt, just read all pages of your Journal, very nice i must say.:worship

I have just purchased the illumagic M60c cree advance and have it hanging over a 3ft, loving it straight away. What height is yours off the water surface?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Hey Matt, just read all pages of your Journal, very nice i must say.:worship

I have just purchased the illumagic M60c cree advance and have it hanging over a 3ft, loving it straight away. What height is yours off the water surface?
Hi Stefan :welcome i currently have mine 22CM above water level that gives me enough spread for my 3x2x2 how high do you have yours? have you worked out how to correctly program it? i have mine fade blues on then get stronger untill max power then fade out back to blue during the course of the day :D

stefan79

Jan 8, 2012
Liverpool
Hi Stefan :welcome i currently have mine 22CM above water level that gives me enough spread for my 3x2x2 how high do you have yours? have you worked out how to correctly program it? i have mine fade blues on then get stronger untill max power then fade out back to blue during the course of the day :D
Hi Matt,

Currently I have it sitting 35cm above my water line, still acclimatising slowly, ramping up on P1 to maximum of 145 145 145 35 for 4 cycles then ramping down till moonlights come on at end of lighting period. Hoping to slowly increase intensity over the next 2weeks and then will lower to about 30cm off water surface

I notice you are selling up, new project?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Hi Matt,

Currently I have it sitting 35cm above my water line, still acclimatising slowly, ramping up on P1 to maximum of 145 145 145 35 for 4 cycles then ramping down till moonlights come on at end of lighting period. Hoping to slowly increase intensity over the next 2weeks and then will lower to about 30cm off water surface

I notice you are selling up, new project?
down size and my new project will be working on a house i am yet to buy yet!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
resurrecting old posts. what pump and flow is that on your phos reactor?
sweet jesus that was on my old tank that was yonks ago now!!
that FBF was run by a 1200LPH pump running just a trickle through it
although i ended up ditching the rowa in there for phos E as it was cheaper and more effective, and turned that into a carbon reactor

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
sweet jesus that was on my old tank that was yonks ago now!!
that FBF was run by a 1200LPH pump running just a trickle through it
although i ended up ditching the rowa in there for phos E as it was cheaper and more effective, and turned that into a carbon reactor
well i need your help then.
I have phos e
I have not seen any result in phos e but maybe I'm not dosing it right. My phos is on 0.08. I'm dosing 5ml a day at skimmer intake.
But I'm also using a carbon that has chemical resin in it aquamaxx all in one
http://thereefshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=2200
. Is this effecting the efficiency of the phos e?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Carbon may extract it out although I use carbon with no issues, my phos allways sits at 0.01 with no issues try dosing into the tank not near the skimmer , your skimmer also may not be effective what skimmer do u have?