Tank Journal Archive

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Small update-new denizens

stromb2.JPG

stromb1.JPG

Strombolini aka the Elephant
small goni.JPG

Can't do a full tank pic update as had to rearrange some corals and they are sulking. Why is it that whenever one moves a coral another one will get knocked off!-Murphy's Law or is it Firebird's Law:mad:

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
100%-I rescued his little body from the tank( and buried it)-have seen moults before.What alerted me to the fact that something was wrong was because he had his fave spot by the heater but would dance out to the front of the tank and get handfed when all the fish were fed. Then on that day nil appearance-found his body under some seaweed at the back of the tank

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
More new corals -fetched in the rain today

torchpurple2.JPG

gold tipped torches
red zoas.JPG

nice red zoas

majano.JPG

This one I'm debating with dr_schell as to whether majano or baby BTA -impulse buy from LFS-?? if I've been an idiot??

firebird

Aug 2, 2011

Current tank vid. can't get the light right under the LEDS though using my camera vid function. is much brighter.

Love the blenny's " yawn"
Not all corals fully extended as messing around with new corals in tank today

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Manjanos arnt as bad as aptasia, they don't seem to randomly reproduce like aptasia, ;),tanks looking great mate

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
And sadly, they sorta look cool. I had some awesome green ones on some live rock when I built my nano. Broke my heart removing them :(

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
thanks for the replies guys-I'm keeping him-I've set up a small tank just for him using LR and live sand from my display. So multitank syndrome looks as though it's hit again!:cool:

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
This weekend coming the 90 litre will be no more-upgraded-depending on definition now have a reef tank