Help / Suggestions

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
The Reefuge Bank Q&A
If you have any questions regarding the bank, PLEASE post them here.

Thanks.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Could we have a competition to come up with a better name for the credits? Maybe the winner could get 50 bonus whatevers ;) Probably something reef related would be good.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I feel that we need an 'Economic Stimulus Package' of some sort as our 'economy' is in the doldrums - where's Rudd when you need him ;).

I would think that the forum would be happy if an average user made 10 posts a week and maybe started 1 new thread a month - this would equate to around 550 points in a year. If we work on a cheap item worth, say, $10 then this equates to 350 points based on the current rules - it would take the average member 8 months to accumulate these points.

This means that no 'exchanges' will take place for many months and the enthusiasm over the introduction of the Reefuge Bank may fall away quickly.

Just thinking out loud:
  • reduce the exchange rate t0 20 credits equates to around $1
  • offer some bonus for length of membership subject to a minimum number of posts e.g. 10 credits for every month of membership subject to a minimum of 10 posts for the month (not sure if our systems will allow this to be done)
  • remind members to transfer a credit or two if they read an informative post
I have some items that I am willing to donate but there is not much point when no-one will have enough credits for some months yet. I have actually arranged a trade on the basis that we will work out the transfer of credits in the future - I have a banking background so maybe I could set-up a loan facility :D

Also, where/how do we list out items for trade?

What about reefer as a name :D

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
I recon your onto something here Shane, this would definately allow for trading to start a lot quicker and keep an interest in the idea !

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
so are we going to have a stimulus package to get things moving a bit? with the credit value reset to 20 cred = $1 AUD is a good start but still it is going to take a fair bit for people to be able to use it to start trading with them.

maybe as Shane has said a stimulus is what is needed? say a 500 credit stimulus is fair? this way it will allow some trading to start and will encourage the use of the system?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi Jashay,

At this point in time I have no intentions of giving away a bunch of credit to forum members. It is getting close to a usable stage, and I am sure I will slowly hand out points here and there. I do not want to rush into it.

Thanks.

rosechaser

Jul 14, 2011
Sydney
Just an idea to stimulate good threads...how about giving people a bonus if say they get over 100 or 200 views within two weeks....might bring some interesting topics up

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
gday reefuge :)

all good mate, was just throwing some ideas out there ;)

and yeah its getting there so patience is the key :D

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Some users are nearly at the stage where they can. A few more competitions and this ball will be rolling.