Off-Topic

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
The Member Appreciation thread
I thought I'd start a member appreciation thread, because I'm sure at some point, others, like myself, will have had help from various other members who deserve some recognition.

So, to get started (and this is by no means exhaustive, but there are some "above and beyond"s here):

Synodontis - having met both Ken & Jen, I have to say both are some of the most generous, friendly, community oriented people I've met. Between them, they've helped me out quite a few times already (and are still doing so). That 10 footer is amazing up close, as are their freshwater tanks (yeah, yeah, some of us keep one cheek each side of the fence ;) ).
I know I'm not the only person who's had the benefit of their wonderful assistance this year, and I think that's a testament to the community spirit that these folks have.Thank you. It's a privilege for us to have such great people as members here.

The Reefuge - God as we more typically call him had the desire to create a new kind of marine forum - with a solid community that was based on our common interest and respect for each other instead of being about a pissing contest of who knows more and who has more money to buy the best toys. Being a webmaster myself, I understand the time and financial investments these things need, so I appreciate the amount of effort behind the scenes he puts in to provide us our Reefuge - our little community where we get to share our knowledge, where we get to learn, and where we get to build friendships and share our tales of saltwater discovery. I think the man behind the scenes deserves some thanks, so thank you.

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
MagicJ - Awesome dude who is always there to help the members. Really nice guy, and very smart.

dr_schell - Another really nice guy, he even offered to send me Coraline algae for my tank free of charge. Very knowledgeable and an all round good guy.

LFSdirect - Another really nice guy, who has done something really nice. Helps out the community as a whole, and the website itself.

Also, Ken and Jen are awesome people too. Just need to make sure I catch up with them soon.

There are others, but I am sure other people would like to say thanks too :D

tonyf

Oct 21, 2011
Bexley, Sydney
Shout out to Nils from LFS Direct, just a really nice guy and little knowledgeable too.
MattG for putting up with my 101 newbie questions when i first joined!
And everyone else!!

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
this is a general thankyou to everone involved with this forum. Thankyou to you ALL. Often obtaining a different point of view is all that is needed to answer our own questions or put our issues in context. :cool:

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Another thanks to everyone! Without guys like n0rk, 'vspec', MagicJ, Matt G and other truly knowledgable guys this site wouldn't have attracted (and slightly addicted :p) myself. I have a thirst for knowledge and with such a wide range of experiences on this site and specialty people who know that bit extra about certain subjects, and are willing to share their experiences, I've been able to expand my knowledge bases. So thanks again to these guys and to everyone on the Reefuge!! Without all of you we wouldn't have such a fantastic site to call home :D

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
It's hard to know where to start but I think that I would like to say thank you to everyone who contributes on this forum as everyone seems to try to help each other without being judgemental in any way. Another big plus if the amount of humour exhibited-never really seen this elsewhere. Also a big thank you to God for working so hard to make this happen:D

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I dont want to single anyone out but I am so happy to be a part of this community, and send a big shout out to everyone who has helped me out, answered my stupid questions or just read my posts!

Thanks

Jack.

V

'vspec'

Ah for sure, Neo has provided a top notch facility here. Top appreciation has to go to the playground creator.
I'm not quite sure I'd still refer to him as God though ~ a 200lb red stiletto wearing biker just doesn't quite fit the bill in my mind..lol

As for the rest of you monkeys....... well, I'm honestly honoured to be riding shotgun with you all!
Admittedly I was forced to elbow everyone out the way in order to reach the last chicken wing at the christmas party, but all in all, your a great bunch of people.:confused:

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
there is so many people I should mention in this thread but after you read this you will all know who you are ;)

a while ago I dissapeared offline due to a heap of problems which I wont go into but, there was a fair few people that were concerned and wanted to see me back, I had a fair few emails, private messages etc. from these people that cared where I had gotten too. this humbled me quite a lot as I hadnt been a part of the forum to long, and to be concerned about me when we havent even met in person before. this shows the depth of people on this great forum of which I feel is the most friendly, helpul forum around as everyone helps out where they can and never worries if the person is experienced or not, the help is just there as friendly as you can possibly wish for.
thank you to everyone that has helped me out, those that had concerns for me when I had dissapeared, the person that invited me here in the first place, and of course God, for creating this site and keeping it going :D

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE :D

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Everyone here is doing a great job. This is why the forums are here, so we can discuss and learn. Many times I have received messages from users telling me what a great community this is. So you have all done well :)

Thanks.

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
My Post...
What a pack of pussy's!
"JEN!, get the bloody tissue's for this mob in here!, I reckon a group hug is on the way so you better take my place! I'm outta here!" :p

Jen's Post...
We have been watching this thread since it started & were pretty humbled by the first post. I didn't really know IF we should reply or how to reply.
This would have to be the best fish keeping web site we have found!! The support that is given to EVERYONE on here is truely amazing, whether you be an experienced fish keeper or a complete noobie to keeping any kind of fish is well and truly above and beyond by ALL members. The Reefuge did a brilliant thing by creating this site, and the continual growth of it is something to look forward to.
When we come home of an afternoon from work, one of the first things we do (besides put the kettle on) is fire up the computer and log into this site to see what we have missed during the day, hell, Ken even looks here during the day when he has 5 minutes spare.
We are the kind of people who are willing to give anyone a bit of time and will go the extra yard to help some one out who needs it.
A major thing that we found the greatest is the acceptance of everyone, new and used on this site.

So,from us, a HUGE thank you to everyone for your help, advise and assistance when WE have needed it :D

I have to second the kudos for Synodontis.. and the powers that a: created this forum and b: who invited me to join it.. ive had more success here than anywhere else and no one has answered any of my questions with "well you shouldnt do it that way" or "coz you're doing it wrong." unless it was actually valid. (in fact im not sure ive heard either of those at all.. ) so to all the members.. Thanks.. and a big group hug to all of you.. (you too Ken) and if my corals dont start coming out soon expect more panic questions from me.. :)

V

'vspec'

We shouldn't forget the content team ether, without the collective sh^t, we wouldn't have the collective sh^t! :confused:

Stand and be recognised, that way I can recolonise you lemmings with boob aprons as a uniform. lol

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
We shouldn't forget the content team ether, without the collective sh^t, we wouldn't have the collective sh^t! :confused:

Stand and be recognised, that way I can recolonise you lemmings with boob aprons as a uniform. lol
Note that Megan and I don't need to wear a boob apron!!(at least when last I looked!):p