Tank Journal Archive

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
Nice, how long you had the power blue for? Any issues with ws?
Luckily my parents live down the road, so I was able to set up a holding tank in their garage (again) :)
No issues with WS. No power in the house from Friday - Tuesday :(
Glad it's all sorted now!

I was about to say "hope you are adding a door stop" - then I noticed your stand mod. Nice!
There are actually 2 doors that open to the entrance. The "stop" is just a safety measure in case the door gets swung open. The other one opens fully the opposite way :)

DAY1

Jun 8, 2012
Brisbane
Looking very good leon , Can't wait to see the coloured sticks in there , a few clams wouldn't go astray :worship

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
Hi everyone - It's been a while since I have been on the reefing scene.
Ended up shutting down the tank and sold all the livestock last week in preparation to move house in a few months.

Keeping the skimmer, tunze and return pumps for my next build.
My next tank is already being placed together. I already have all the PVC plumbing from a closed loop system that I never built. I knew there was a reason to buy 15 bulkheads :) Going to be a little larger than the previous tank and have a few mods that should make water changes and maintenance a breeze.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
At least your coming back! I liked your tank the scape was really nice. What size are you thinking on your return to the reefing world?

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
At least your coming back! I liked your tank the scape was really nice. What size are you thinking on your return to the reefing world?
Yes I never stray too far away from having a tank :)
I haven't decided on size because it's going to be made to suit the house we buy.
I would like something the size of a standard dinner table - 1500mm x 800mm x 600mm or thereabouts.
I have laid out all the PVC plumbing and only need a few more 45 degree pieces to complete all the plumbing.

I visited my parents place today and remembered i had close to 100 Kilos of base rock ready to go. Going to speak to a friend and get some acrylic bommies made up with a nice arch. I have the acrylic rod that was given to me 3 years ago that I haven't touched.
Should keep me busy and I'll have a chance to fine tune the scape exactly how I want it - Japaneese influence with large branches.