Reef Discussion

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
your favourite type of coral? wish lists
hi guys :D

if you had the chance to pick a coral that you dont have but have been wanting for a long time, wether it be because it cost to much, or availability makes things hard, or maybe just something is getting in your way from getting it. What type would you choose? your dream pice of coral.

lets here it :D

mine which I have been wanting for a while but havent been able to find one at a decent price, and that is not readily available here is

galaxy coral - Galaxea fascicularis in a neon blue/purple

this one might be common for you guys down south? not sure. but it is one I would love in my tank :D

Im sure there is more types I want and will add them as I think of them. so...

WHATS YOURS???? :D

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
At one stage I needed to move one of the rocks it was attached to - after holding large rocks under water for ages trying to remove it (my arms were killing me) I tore the foot in two :mad:. Both halves healed up very quickly - One half was traded in at the LFS and the other half (that is in the picture above) was returned to the LFS when I closed my tank down about 6 years ago.

They were selling for about $50 at the time - now they are more like $300.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Unfortunately, the current prices are due, in part, to the increased popularity of this hobby compared to 10 years ago. Its the old demand/supply equation :)

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
very nice!

love the clams too, it doesnt have to be a coral, whichever you wish for!! a nice clam up here for a 1-2 inch size is around $180 :bulge so that can wait until I win the lotto!
rose BTA are very nice too! I havent got any sort of anenome in my tank, have wanted one but am concerned bout it moving things around to much!

the way I found to get some things that are a little out of the price range with regards to permission from the wife is to put a deposit down, then tell the wife the price after the deposit and generally it works ! :cool: