Off-Topic

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
You Know, There's Mates And Then There's Mates
As I have recently posted, I'm currently in between houses with having just sold my house and now waiting for our new apartment to be finished.
@somethingfishy76 aka Gerhard so very kindly took my tank in and has been looking after it with great care.
I get to his house about twice a week to do some maintenance but he has been doing so much more in between.
The apartments are taking way longer than promised and we're still not sure of the completion date. So meanwhile were going through the stress of keeping temporary accomodation going.
On top of all this my mother passed away last week after an illness progressed suddenly, I don't know what I would have done without Gerhard's support with us having to drive down to Forster for the funeral and legal arrangements.
It's great to have a mate that is such a good person and genuinely cares. Thanks mate.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Sorry about you loss mate that would be terribly hard. Having great mates like that though would make the world shine a bit brighter.

As I have recently posted, I'm currently in between houses with having just sold my house and now waiting for our new apartment to be finished.
@somethingfishy76 aka Gerhard so very kindly took my tank in and has been looking after it with great care.
I get to his house about twice a week to do some maintenance but he has been doing so much more in between.
The apartments are taking way longer than promised and we're still not sure of the completion date. So meanwhile were going through the stress of keeping temporary accomodation going.
On top of all this my mother passed away last week after an illness progressed suddenly, I don't know what I would have done without Gerhard's support with us having to drive down to Forster for the funeral and legal arrangements.
It's great to have a mate that is such a good person and genuinely cares. Thanks mate.
Anything for a good friend like you Dave!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I think you can safely be awarded "Mate of the Year" now Gerhard :)
I'm really sorry to hear about the loss Dave so my thoughts are with you and your family. It makes a huge difference having such awesome friends that are willing to go to such lengths to help out :) I hope they finish your apartment soon though!!

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your sentiments.
They keep telling us the apartment is only weeks away then last weekend we got to walk through and there is so much more to do.
Plus now there are a number things they have done that we are so disappointed with . . Oh well what hell.
Just let me in there so I can set my tank back up!!!!!!! I'm getting tank withdrawal.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your sentiments.
They keep telling us the apartment is only weeks away then last weekend we got to walk through and there is so much more to do.
Plus now there are a number things they have done that we are so disappointed with . . Oh well what hell.
Just let me in there so I can set my tank back up!!!!!!! I'm getting tank withdrawal.
I know the feeling mate! I've been without my tank since the start of the year lol it's no easy thing! We might even en up getting out tanks back at the same time lol hopefully it's only a few more weeks for you though, take them to consumer affairs if they've really done a dodgy on you!

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
OK, you guys have been screwing with me. I have it on good authority that you call a stranger mate and a friend a cunt. Damn it. :D

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
This story is why i still stick around in the shadows here. Having turned to the dark sid (only keeping freshwater tanks, still mostly inverts if thats any better...) I dont really have alot to contribute anymore but I keep coming back and refer anyone who will listen because of the amazing community spirit that I feel is truly unique to The Reefuge.

Now keep up the good work everyone while I return to the shadows...