Reef Discussion

JMC

Nov 16, 2013
Yellow Tang: Help
Hi all just got home to find my yellow tang with what appears to be redish fins, and slightly red blotches. He is swimming on his side from time to time and will not touch his food.

Did a 10% water change earlier today. Parameters all seem fine.

Googled it and the google machine tells me it may be a bacterial infection. Wandering if there's any measures I can take until I can get to a LFS to get some medicine. What should I do?

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
What tank mates is he with. One of our yellows got smacked around a fair bit by a powder blue. He had red fins. & sides for quit a while. It's actually bruising from being beaten up in our case. Is any one in the tank fighting him by chance ?

JMC

Nov 16, 2013
Don't think so. There's a saddleback clown pair. (They've always got along) and a Lawn mower Blenny

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Don't think so. There's a saddleback clown pair. (They've always got along) and a Lawn mower Blenny
Ok. Well that's what happened to ours. Was just wondering if could have been an option. Doesn't appear that way. Good luck & following.

JMC

Nov 16, 2013
All is well.. Got home and the red has disappeared. His swimming normally again but seems a little distant. A little shy. Hesitant to feed but looking much much better than yesterday. Will keep an eye on him.

Thanks for your replies guys.