Reef Discussion

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
Wtf do I do quickly
Hey guys just noticed some how there is some rowa sitting on the bottom of my sump :/ dot no how it got out, but will it make my tank crash? And how do I get it out? I don't have any vacume for the tank :(

chrispc66

Apr 24, 2012
Wouldn't think so considering its used in the tank anyway....

Rowaphos is not a cure for PO4... It seems to cause issues with corals at the expense of reducing PO4 and IME it does a poor job at that if your levels are very high....(like above 0.5)

The product removes PO4, yeah...but there's still plenty produced at the source.

With respect here....why do you have high PO4....perhaps I can assist with that?

Cheers :)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Rowaphos will absorb PO4 but wont release it. We don't rinse or filter Rowa when we add it & the sump has a nice covering of the stuff. It does cloud the water for the first day, but the skimmer gets rid of it. I didn't see the point of rinsing away an expensive product for no reason other then "it will cloud your tank" There are no ill effects in the tank since doing it this way. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Get it out over time when your playing in the sump. :)

Reactions: MTG