Reef Discussion

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
Wtb Led Light.
Just seeing what led lights are for sale looking to fit in my red sea max 250 hood. Just sold our old car and got some $$.

ajkdark

Aug 17, 2014
If I was you.

I’d stick to the T5’s tubes for a while. Ensure they aren’t old.

You’ll get great results with the T5’s.

Work on getting the tank, going really well first.

Just my thoughts.

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
The
If I was you.

I’d stick to the T5’s tubes for a while. Ensure they aren’t old.

You’ll get great results with the T5’s.

Work on getting the tank, going really well first.

Just my thoughts.
The T5 all need replacing plus as I was cleaning the light cover I noticed 2 of the ends that hold globes are broken the globes work but the 3nds move easy..

So 6xT5 globes are going to cost a good $200+

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
One of two things will happen, in 12 months you will realise the hobby isnt for you or the bug will bite hard and you will be shooting for a bigger/better set up.

If you can stick with the t5's use and stock it as it is intended and learn everything you can with this system. put any money you want to spend on mods to the side for the next set up

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
I've had tanks prior was an aquamedic Blenny and a jewel vision 260 and a planted tank which i had to sell as when we rented they said no to any tank.
Now we have our own place I bought the 250.

Um ill be honest a few years back I was in a very serious motorcycle accident and am still dealing with operations and hospitals and shit and very small ability to work. So my budget will never be big enough to fund or maintain a big tank like a 6x2x2 or something like that.

That's why I am trying to look at stuff like now insted of spending $200+ on replacing 6xt5 tubes as they are old and 2 whites have died I thought spend money on leds that will last alot longer. Produce less heat and cost less over time.

I know T5 do amazing but I'm just thinking if i spend $$ now on leds ill save money over time which can be spent on things like ato, dosing pumps etc.