LFS Reviews Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I try to make an effort to drop in here whenever I am in VIC.

The range of stock is excellent and the pricing very reasonable. I have found some of their staff a bit young and inexperienced but the same can be said for most LFS. I’m not sure if he the owner or just a snr staff member but Jack is very good, very knowledgeable and enthusiastic.

They also import their own fish and ship interstate which comes in really handy. Jack recently sent me a box up of some hard to get fish that I had been chasing for the six months prior, everything was superbly pack and the communication in getting to that point was 10/10.

Shantelle

Sep 18, 2011
Warrnambool
I somehow always visit this store every time I come to Melbourne. I love the amount of soft corals they have its amazing, however I have never bought anything from this store, some of the soft corals looked as though they had died, a great range of fish but they looked sick. always a lot of staff working but none seem make the first move

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
This is my LFS, have purchased most of my equipment from there. Jack and Keith are very knowledeable and can get pretty much anything your after, equipment, fish and corals. I find his prices are the best around on coral and fish.

He imports his own Fish and the range is the best your going to get in VIC. You might get a fish sick in a tank here and there but thats the way it goes unfortunately, i see it in every store.

Acros are very good too, but have to snap them up pretty quick. LPS, softies selection is good too. I got some ripper zooanthids off him a few weeks back. IMO this and Reeflections are the best in VIC for range, hands down.

ryanr

Jun 2, 2012
Templestowe
Visit Date: January 2012
I wasn't impressed with the state of the place when I went, especially after all the glowing reviews.

30-40% of the SW tanks were empty of stock and covered in algae. FW tanks were good though.

Corals were plentiful in the centre display. Staff were ok, I was only kicking tyres so hard to really judge the staff.

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
Visit Date: January 2012
I wasn't impressed with the state of the place when I went, especially after all the glowing reviews.

30-40% of the SW tanks were empty of stock and covered in algae. FW tanks were good though.

Corals were plentiful in the centre display. Staff were ok, I was only kicking tyres so hard to really judge the staff.
Really bad time to have visited, he has been re-arranging the store and did not have his new quarantine system going then.

It's alot different now, crap loads of fish and coral. Cannot wait for his display tank to get going again, should be a ripper!

Its definitely not a polished store, but it sure has the goods most of the time.

Damjan

Jan 8, 2013
Melbourne
I have visited just about every aquarium In Melbourne selling marine fish and corals. By far the best..... Huge selection of both fish and corals at very reasonable prices. I have paid less than a quarter of the going rate for my Flame angle and Royal Gramma. I have also experienced really knowledgeable staff not just some pimply kid trying to convince me to buy a tank, fish and coral all on the same day. "ye shel be right mate".... UM...NO.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Williamstown aquarium has really turned itself around in the last 12 months. Great customer service from the 2 boys, competative prices and good a selection. My fav.
Bunarong in frankston is also good. The guy with the tats knows his stuff and is always very helpful and chatty.

deediro

Jan 19, 2013
Roxburgh Park
Went past Willy on Sunday. Not too bad selection of corals. Cheap water - 25 litres for $2.50 for both RO and NSW. Quick and easy service so thanks guys.

Will probably use this as my go to for water as even though Coburg is closer, I can't justify 50cents a litre for RO...

Adzski

Nov 21, 2011
Melton
i have only used williamstown aquarium for the past year, and i find there stock always healthy and never have had any problems with anything i have bought there, i used to occasionally go to lifestyle in deerpark but i found there stock of fish to always be sick and unhealthy and extremely overpriced and only use it to buy fish food now.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
williamstown aquarium is my LFS, mostly because its closest. always have a good selection of fish and corals and staff always try to help you with the best stuff. was originally a freshy and after going to their store i was converted to salty. these guys helped me pave the way for my recently torn down freshwater, now turned saltwater aquarium. only issue i have with this place is that the staff dont always approach the customer first. mind you they always seem busy. they have an awesome display tank out the front and no lfs is complete unless you have mans best friend waiting to greet you at the front of the store. highly recommend this place :)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
After the personal comment's made to Jen's face, we won't step foot back in this store.
Used to be our LFS & most of what we brought came from this store along with very large amount's of water.
We stopped buying from here as to many dead fish, algae in the coral tanks & poor service.