Off-Topic

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Why packages come so messed up
"Here is a video of my monitor being “delivered”. The sad part is that I was home at the time with the front door wide open. All he would have had to do was ring the bell on the gate. Now I have to return my monitor since it is broken."

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Oh man. Damn fed ex, useless bunch arnt they. He didn't even try place it over the fence. He threw it over with force !

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
yeah security camera on a gate and thankfully this isnt me/mine its gone viral on the net and fedex are in damage control mode, the employee has been dismissed.

The original video was posted 3 days ago and has 5.5 million hits and there is already 20 mirrors that have 100,000 + hits each :)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Thats just wrong if it was his I bet he wouldnt have done that, glad he got the sack. He should be charged for damaging someone elses property.
i cant believe you would throw a monitor like that. he even knows whats in it. dont think he will be getting a job easily now

We Get spare parts from china for our machines all the time.. pretty solid stuff.. big transfer water pumps.. metal plates (10mm thick) bearings etc.. its hard enough to get the correct parts in the first place with language issues and changing part numbers all the time as they re-design / re develop new parts.. but they ship via TNT in cardboard boxes that wouldnt hold breakfast cereal.. wrapped completly in packing tape with about 3 sheets of newspaper inside as packing material.. so far.. these big tough water pumps : we have had one in 8 arrive intact.. the metal plates have been broken .. and we are now sourcing bearings locally as they just dont arrive in the same shape as they were sent.. (we assume this of course).. sometimes its the shipping companies.. sometimes its just the guys packing the boxes that cause all of our heartache..

Yeah but just about everything will break if you just shot put it over the fenc. We use DHL at my work everything arrives happy even the cardboard boxes are perfectly intact majority of the time ( maybe one out of 10 boxes will have a rip or dent but the product is fine). Nearly all of our packages come from europe aswell so its a rather long trip to.