Reef Discussion

rosechaser

Jul 14, 2011
Sydney
Where to place your corals?
Can anybody help with coral placement? And what can't go next to something else?

I guess if you rate from 1 being top of tank to 4 being on the sand, at what levels would you put these corals?

Also amount of flow, L (low) M (medium) H (high)...eg 3L bottom of tank just above sand and low flow...so?
  • Montpora
  • Acropora
  • Hammer
  • Torch
  • Frogspawn
  • Heliofungia
  • Gorgonia
  • Nidalia
  • Leather
  • Duncan
  • Elegance
  • Galaxy
  • Birdsnest
  • Toxic

Jonny Glover

Jul 12, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Can anybody help with coral placement? And what can't go next to something else?

I guess if you rate from 1 being top of tank to 4 being on the sand, at what levels would you put these corals?

Also amount of flow, L (low) M (medium) H (high)...eg 3L bottom of tank just above sand and low flow...so?
  • Montpora medium to height flow
  • Acropora medium to height flow
  • Hammer low to medium flow
  • Torch low to medium flow
  • Frogspawn low to medium flow
  • Heliofungia low to medium flow
  • Gorgonia low to medium flow sometimes high...
  • Nidalia
  • Leather low to medium flow
  • Duncan low to medium flow
  • Elegance low to medium flow
  • Galaxy
  • Birdsnest medium to height flow
  • Toxic
As for lighting acros or generally sps require a high par of lighting, softies are genrally quite moderate to high.... it also depends on your waterflow to when it comes to light intensity as these to work together and you have to take both into consideration...

I would put any sps in the top half of your tank, if you had 400w halides instead of 250w you could put them anywhere. With softies and lps they can go in most places.