New To Reefing

AJN

Apr 10, 2018
Where Can I Get Some Chaeto In Australia (sydney Ideally)?
I'm just cycling a new 6 foot marine tank and need to get some Chaeto for the sump refugium. I'm having all sorts of trouble finding some in Sydney (or anywhere in Australia). Can anyone drect me to where to buy this ? I want real Chaetomorpha and not Caulerpa as I've heard Caulerpa can go nuts and spawn into your tank.

jart

Apr 10, 2015
Hi AJN. Welcome to the forum. I had a similar issue when I wanted to replace my caulerpa with chaeto a couple of months ago. I found some finally at Newtown Aquarium. I recently changed my fuge lighting and the chaeto is starting to take off. If you haven't found any in a few weeks I may have some to get you started.

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
I'm just cycling a new 6 foot marine tank and need to get some Chaeto for the sump refugium. I'm having all sorts of trouble finding some in Sydney (or anywhere in Australia). Can anyone drect me to where to buy this ? I want real Chaetomorpha and not Caulerpa as I've heard Caulerpa can go nuts and spawn into your tank.
Hi AJN welcome to the forum. I just got a heap off guppies aquariums a couple of weeks ago. I am away at the moment so I have not had a chance to check on its progress but it was in great condition when i received it

Rodger

Jun 18, 2014
Menai
G'day I'm in the Menai area and can spare a small amount of what i believe is chaeto, about palm size if interested

sirdanhvt

Mar 31, 2019
Hi AJN. Welcome to the forum. I had a similar issue when I wanted to replace my caulerpa with chaeto a couple of months ago. I found some finally at Newtown Aquarium. I recently changed my fuge lighting and the chaeto is starting to take off. If you haven't found any in a few weeks I may have some to get you started.
Hi Jart, I also need some chaeto. Can I can have some please ? I can come to pick up when you r avaliable. thanks

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
I went to Asquith aquariums and picked up a bunch for $5

I might have some in a month of so depending on how fast it grows, I'm in Manly area