New To Reefing

FishBitch

Feb 3, 2016
Whats Your Favourite Fish/invertebrates For A Nano Reef?
Alright guys, so Its coming to that time where I can finally look into getting fish, for my newly cycled Nano Tank!!! :)

My question to you is what are some of your favourite reef safe fish and invertebrates for a Nano tank (mines a 60L)??

I know being a small tank I wont be able to have a large amount in there so I wanted to see what some of your opinions and past experiences were and and get it right from the start. I've got some thoughts floating round in my head currently but I'm open to ideas.

Attachments

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
@FishBitch your tank and aquascaping reminds me of my old tank :)

Perhaps Yellow Clown Goby if you don't intend to keep SPS in your tank.

Nemo should be fine too.

Turbo or Nassarius snails for inverts.

FishBitch

Feb 3, 2016
@potatocouch haha thanks, do you have a Tank journal of it on here?

I was thinking of getting the whole goby/pistol shrimp combo going, will the yellow clown goby do that?

Also got @NiCd being an all round legend and helping me out with some Turbos :)

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
@potatocouch haha thanks, do you have a Tank journal of it on here?
I was about to post the pic here but I wouldn't think that is appropriate, considering it's your tank journal page :D

This is my first marine tank; had it for approx. 1 year and late night, heard something break (crack) in the living room and water spills everywhere :(

Unfortunately, I can't comment on Goby and Pistol Shrimp symbiosis as I've never kept any of those.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
There are certain species that go with certain species, they usually need to be collected as a pair otherwise they dont seem to bond, a few places get them with some degree of regularity but you are a few hundred a pair and being honest they arnt that interesting because for the most part they both hide under a rock.

There are heaps cooler fish and shrimp that you can have, bangai, clowns, royal gramma, black cap gramma, yellow or blue assessors, six line wrasse, firefish, helfrichi, clown goby, blue green chromis, redline shrimp, blood shrimp, sexy shrimp, saron shrimp, peppermints etc

FishBitch

Feb 3, 2016
@potatocouch Just checked out your journal, I can see the similarities, must have been tough restricting yourself with the Pico tank, I like my tanks quite small but I find it quite frustrating when going pico size from my experiences with freshwater tanks and trying to build a scape im happy with. Sucks about the crack though, coincidentally 2 nights ago my house mates 250L had its stand cave in, lucky we were there and reacted quite enough to catch and support it. water every where though...

@NiCd cheers for the input, I never see them available anywhere so might just stay an idea for awhile unless I upgrade and their a small part of the overall tank. gonna look into that list now. should keep me busy for the next few hours of work ;)

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
@potatocouch Just checked out your journal, I can see the similarities, must have been tough restricting yourself with the Pico tank, I like my tanks quite small but I find it quite frustrating when going pico size from my experiences with freshwater tanks and trying to build a scape im happy with. Sucks about the crack though, coincidentally 2 nights ago my house mates 250L had its stand cave in, lucky we were there and reacted quite enough to catch and support it. water every where though...

@NiCd cheers for the input, I never see them available anywhere so might just stay an idea for awhile unless I upgrade and their a small part of the overall tank. gonna look into that list now. should keep me busy for the next few hours of work ;)
Wow, the stand gave in? Can you tell us a bit more about this. Sounds like a horror story for reefers.