Reef Discussion

malau

Oct 13, 2011
Whats on my sps?
I got some SPS from online LFS 2 wks ago and sit in the QT tank as usual. For the first week it seems ok except I saw few (I think) Nudibranch and wasnt sure if it is good or bad. Few days later I found the acro where these Nudibranch "walked" become bleach so I removed them. And now, I can see some white things on the acro and my birdnest..etc (see photos).. anyone can tell me whats wrong? I guess I may lost a birdnest after iodine dip :(
aimg42.imageshack.us_img42_5233_img0034mv.jpg

aimg851.imageshack.us_img851_127_img0033rv.jpg

aimg694.imageshack.us_img694_4954_img0035jk.jpg

[ More info below]

It seems those white thing is retractable if I use pipepette to blow it and they are mainly from the polyps however sometimes it is in the skeleton as well..

Hanna PO4 check 0.03 ppm

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
maybe i'm being stupid but are you sure that the little white things are not the tiny little "tentacles' for want of a better word that the polyps put out normally-especially as they are retractile

malau

Oct 13, 2011
maybe i'm being stupid but are you sure that the little white things are not the tiny little "tentacles' for want of a better word that the polyps put out normally-especially as they are retractile
Thanks for the reply.. I asked my colleague who is kinda sps expert he said the corals are eating... I said even those white thing from the skeleton ?! he said yes and asked me to check the KH... I use red sea did few tests. This QT tank is 6.8 for some reasons and then I did my frag tank , even lower for 2 tests (not sure if because I didn't really dry the test tube after washing)... I did some water change in QT and now back to 7 sth... will try to increase to 8 or a bit higher later and see hows going.. at this moment I lost 1 acro, completely RTN, same as the bird nest.. the green pico is doing the same but not that bad. One monti and one acro are good however I cant see any polyps in the acro now..