Reef Discussion

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
What Food Are You Feeding?
Hey guys,

I have been using New life spectrum for about 20 years now and im sure better things are out there now.

Just wondering what people are using as their dry feed and how they are finding it?

Cheers

images.jpg

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
NLS pellets for 2. 2 ehiem auto feeders set to feed 8 rotations each daily. Plus a cube or 2 of frozen Mysis/brine/whatever is in the freezer whenever I remember.

Maybe that's why my Nitrates are a little high - but I don't have skinny fish.

Sep 24, 2013
Palm Beach
I am also feeding NLS for a long time and every time I tried a different dry food, I come back to NLS.
The two things I notice the most when I switch to another brand is the coloration of certain fish, like oranges in Ocellaris and purple in Grammas. Also, my tangs can go without Nori for a week on NLS. On other brands, I have to feed almost daily.

Recently I've got a Vitallis Marine Pellets that wasn't too bad on itself, but works best when alternating with NLS.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I'm still using new life spectrum :) mixed with ocean nutrition I have about ~5 pellets in one mix and some vitalis flake when I feel like it
I have seen a few people using the ocean nutrition stuff as well, what one are you running of that?

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I have seen a few people using the ocean nutrition stuff as well, what one are you running of that?
So my current mix of pellets is split into two parts all mixed together lol:
- 50% Ocean Nutrition Colour, Growth and Health formula
50% everything else lol
- Ocean Nutrition Formula One
- Ocean Nutrition Formula Two
- NLS Standard (wanting to get their probiotix too!)
- NLS Algae Max
- AZOO Ultra Fresh Marine Shrimp Patties (S)

All this is mixed and put into the auto-feeder for three feeds a day and I also give a pinch of this or Vitalis Marine Flake when I feel like it :)

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
I swapped over to Dainchi? about 2 years ago, like you Ads, I was using NLS for a very long time. Fish eat it, sinks better than NLS and a small amount goes a long way

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I alternate between NLS and Danichi pellets in the feeders. They're the only ones that fall free well to feed the newly arrived Anthias. I have them set to drop every 2 hours to get them eating.