Reef Discussion

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
looks like a nice one? will they go alright with your other fish though? I was under the assumption most wrasse can be territorial?

havent heard of the urchin, whats the reason you dont like them now? cost?

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Nice looking fish. They are listed on the current Cairns Marine stock list so they should be readily available - looks like they get up to about 15cm.

Tang

Jul 21, 2011
Sydney
Lineatus Wrasse. Lucky you don't live in the states huh? Pay a pretty penny for Australias best fairy wrasse.

As with all fairies, they are jumpers, so if you do not have an inclosed hood chances are you will find it on the floor one day. Unless you have a cat, then it will do the cleaning up for you.

Unless you have a very large tank the most I would attempt would be a pair or a trio. If doing so, make sure you get 1 male and 1-2 females.

Here are mine.

ai77.photobucket.com_albums_j45_toxikxr_2200L_20Tank_Lineatus0811.jpg

ai77.photobucket.com_albums_j45_toxikxr_2200L_20Tank_UM4.jpg

You will pay close to $100 for a Super male and around $50-70 for a female.

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Lineatus Wrasse. Lucky you don't live in the states huh? Pay a pretty penny for Australias best fairy wrasse.

As with all fairies, they are jumpers, so if you do not have an inclosed hood chances are you will find it on the floor one day. Unless you have a cat, then it will do the cleaning up for you.

Unless you have a very large tank the most I would attempt would be a pair or a trio. If doing so, make sure you get 1 male and 1-2 females.

Here are mine.

ai77.photobucket.com_albums_j45_toxikxr_2200L_20Tank_Lineatus0811.jpg

ai77.photobucket.com_albums_j45_toxikxr_2200L_20Tank_UM4.jpg

You will pay close to $100 for a Super male and around $50-70 for a female.
Yeah $90 for a small male :( not a super male either , Anyway the LFS wouldn't get them in for me, They didn't have enough other orders to justify it :(
So i guess i will be waiting for a while yet ,
Yours look great , I was hoping to keep 3 females and 1 male , Not sure tho the tank is about 800 - 1000 liters but its only a 4 footer So i might have to go a pair of females , I do have lids for the tank , Altho there not on atm
Thanks for the pics mate :)