Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Well Here Is Where My Custom Tank Has Ended!!!
image.jpg
The life of an aquarist is limitless. From goldfish to guppy , planted to discus ... We have all had a go challenging our ability to the next holy grail. My reefing mojo has left me to the point where there is no more excitement due to failure.
Here is my old reef tank camouflaged in freshwater plants , ADA soil , T5 and CO2 . Water changes tap water , no fish yet.
Hope to see you around , Day 1 two tubes glowing!

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Looks like thats going to be a forest.

Good luck on your next challenge... although i think planted freshwater is more work than a reef tank.

I have also lost my reef mojo although my tank is very stable.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Looks like thats going to be a forest.

Good luck on your next challenge... although i think planted freshwater is more work than a reef tank.

I have also lost my reef mojo although my tank is very stable.
Cheers Rob,
hope to tame this forest and eventually reduce the species by at least half and eventually scape it into something.

There are some plants and stems that are in there as bio mass for the start up to reduce nuisance algea growth.

As I learn about there needs I’ll also learn how to trim them down. Most of these plants I have never seen before so that’s pretty cool for a change.

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
What Co2 system are you using. These days it seems the soda stream canisters are a good option for smaller tanks anyway.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
What Co2 system are you using. These days it seems the soda stream canisters are a good option for smaller tanks anyway.
These days it seems the high light tanks get a lot of CO2 , gonna have to get me a 2.6kg rig as the bubbles are cranked right up an hour before lights on and after a ph drop of around 0.8 lights on , then there is a slight rise in the ph as they all pearl away. At this point I drop the bubbles back to about 3 a second.
Within an hour after lights out the ph is back up to normal (6.8 - 7.1)
Very good gas exchange having a coast to coast.

Plants are growing faster than corals, this is going to be fun.