Off-Topic

Melissa

Aug 4, 2011
Wedding fail.
Just some friendly advice ... If you ever decide to plan a wedding and choose a reception venue that suits all your needs, PLEASE ensure you obtain a written document including a signature stating that the venue will NOT decide to start renovating and leave you without a wedding reception 4 weeks before your wedding date after your very expensive invitations have been sent with the reception address printed on them.

Melissa

Aug 4, 2011
You will see me on A Current Affair. Except I won't be the single mother of 10 kids to 10 different fathers who's complaining about receiving only $1000 a week from centreshit as opposed to the $5000 I am surely entitled to. This time ... I will be the Bridezilla of Bridezillas!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Depending on particular circumstances, verbal agreements can be classed as a contract - look into that. NFI how that gets applied in Vic, my contract law experience is all from SA.

That sucks seriously though. Very sorry to hear that you've been screwed over like that.

Melissa

Aug 4, 2011
I am aware of verbal agreements David and I am with you on that one, but I honestly can't be arsed remembering my wedding day as that of a legal battle, as much as I would like to sue to them to the moon and back, all a care about now is the actual marriage ceremony when I get to become a very lucky woman to be married to someone so awesome! and that my husband to be will be happy and relaxed on the day. I did however end up finding another venue, much much much more stunning but with that comes the burden of the price tag that we will struggle to afford and to be honest, I am not one for materialism. It's just so disappointing that people can do such things ...

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Glad it has worked out in the end - what has the first place said about your booking?? If nothing else, I would be insisting on them paying for new invitations.

BTW, you do have my address don't you - I don't remember seeing the invitation. I will have to ask my wife tomorrow as she probably just forgot to tell me ;)

Melissa

Aug 4, 2011
LOL. Well I was considering it and then I thought, you know what, I am just wasting my energy trying to debate with this guy. So I said, "Yeah sure, we'll keep the booking" And left to book elsewhere. Weddings are a headache and a half.