Off-Topic

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
We,re Halfway In!!
Well the arseholes finally let us do an initial move in to the new apartment.
We're not allowed occupancy for another couple of days but we were able to get all the big heavy stuff moved in this morning.
I'll be taking all the boxes in a ute once we get the keys. At least it's a start.
I'll have to probably move the tank in after next weekend when @somethingfishy76 has some time off work.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Everything is finished, it just just to have the occupancy certificate issued which should be tomorrow or Monday. Then we can have the keys because we have negotiated early occupancy.
Our solicitors rang a bit earlier and said they have been notified that settlement is next Wednesday.
Finally.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
It's not bad, there are a number of things they cheaped out on which was disappointing.
Also a few examples of bad trade work.
I think, as did the other tenants we have talked to, that because the process was so long and full of false deadlines it has really taken the shine off having a nice new home.
Anyway, we'll be in this week and we'll just fix the things we need to and get on with it.

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
isnt there a builders warranty? they have to fix certain things within x amount of time? I certainly had that condition on the contract when i built a new home?

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Yep,there's a builders warranty which will fix the couple of thing that were their mistakes. It's just other stuff that when you buy off the plans doesn't look all that shit hot when it's actually built.
They let us in on the weekend to put the main items of furniture in but we weren't allowed to stay - then yesterday and today they didn't come to let us in to do some installs around the apartment which we were hoping to get done before moving in. It's just so frustrating.
We're still holding our breath for settlement to happen tomorrow, no news from our lawyers to say it's not happening though.
We're lucky we have really good lawyers who have been right on the ball through all this shit.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Well, we just got notice from our lawyers saying settlement has been deferred.
Their lawyers haven't received the Certificate of Occupancy but say it should be imminent.
Arrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh