Help / Suggestions

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Visual Chart Guide
I keep losing my guide charts for my various testers. And some of them i have difficulty understanding (like Kh & Gh) and others I have trouble with because i am partially color blind & cant discern the shade differences. I was just thinking to myself that a chart/guide page/thread for all the different tests might be handy. Perhaps with a small guide for each 1 giving the accepted parameters for each. If some one wanted to be *really* clever, they could even list the corals that need those parameters.
Just a random just-woke-up-from-a-Sunday-snooze idea :)

timtam

Jul 5, 2013
Glenroy 3046
Sounds like a great idea, only problem I can foresee is how accurate is a digital copy or photo of the original colour chart?

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I think the biggest problem would be the different colour outputs on different computer monitors as they are rarely the same. The best bet if you have trouble differentiating colours would be to buy digital test kits.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
@VaultBoy and @timtam - I also wondered about the validity of the color chart on a computer screen. Even just the directions to use each of the testers would be handy since I've lost the card for my Kh and Gh testers and now I dont know how many drops for each :(

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Its a good idea, a little tricky to implement - or perhaps just limited in how helpful it can be simply due to what @VaultBoy said. Needs some problem solvers on the case *hint hint anyone* ;) Its a shame the colours aren't more distinctive on some of the tests - if it makes you feel any better, I have 20/20 vision and sometimes I can't decide which colour it matches the best, asking everyone else in the family what they think usually results in a variety of answers :p

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
The problem is that each individual person's eyes absorb & refract light wave frequencies at differing lengths because each eye has unique rods & cones....which is why you get those arguments that go along the lines:
"Its green"
"No, its lime green"
"Your both blind, its yellow"
"Dont be stupid, its CLEARLY green"
"Well light green"
Yellow. Admit it"

And why its soooooooo hard to find a car color you like......