Reef Discussion

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Vibrant Group Buy?

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
So is it a bottle of bacteria that, in theory, out competes most algae's? And then you either skim the (bigeer, fatter, well fed) bacteria out?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
So is it a bottle of bacteria that, in theory, out competes most algae's? And then you either skim the (bigger, fatter, well fed) bacteria out?
yeah, supposedly a bottle of carbon and bacteria strains. I would be skeptical as hell if I hadn't read the many many many forum pages showing its success from end users that are not affiliated with the company at all. That sold me :)

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
I've read people having success with this but never read to much about the product.
Does it have a shelf life?
I'd be keen to have a bottle just on hand in case some uglies came up.

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
I'll be in for a GB on this product. There was an aussie on that forum that used it, the pics he posted showed pretty decent results.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I am sure you guys have seen this thread as well

https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/378013-testing-vibrant-aquarium-cleaner-1-week-update/

Reports seem to be kind of mixed. I'll wait to see how you guys go with it
Seems to be a very isolated case of snail deaths, that's three people and I've been read all 150+ pages of the r2r thread plus others and it's not mentioned to my knowledge. I've seen nothing but mostly positive and it kills bubble algae so snail death or not, I'll be trying it lol

shaidas

Jan 30, 2017
Yeah you are right, most are on the positive side mate. Do not forget to report in findings though. Actually I would suggest getting browny points from the seller for popularisation :D.And I will be sure to organise another GB as soon as your review is out :p

Ben Wright

Dec 21, 2016
Seems to be a very isolated case of snail deaths, that's three people and I've been read all 150+ pages of the r2r thread plus others and it's not mentioned to my knowledge. I've seen nothing but mostly positive and it kills bubble algae so snail death or not, I'll be trying it lol
There also seems to be a person whose beloved brittle star died but its difficult to say if the dosing of Vibrant was actually the cause. I think the positives definitely outweigh the negatives!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I've asked Jeff to drop in and say hello on this thread so hopefully he does that but the email about the buy is on it's way and depending on how organise everyone is it could be a week or two away once we hear back from Jeff :)

Ben Wright

Dec 21, 2016
I've asked Jeff to drop in and say hello on this thread so hopefully he does that but the email about the buy is on it's way and depending on how organise everyone is it could be a week or two away once we hear back from Jeff :)
Cool thanks :)