Reef Discussion

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Update On Teeny Tiny Clam !
HI,
Just thought I would let everyone know that the teeny tiny clam we bought that was about the size of a thumbnail (and a large one at that), has actually grown to about the size of 2.5 thumb nails. lol
For the first time since we have owned him, he is now showing colour, and my prediction that he was brown like our bigger one, is absolutely spot on.
It looks exactly like its mum. He opens every day and even closes and blows the odd bit of sand that has landed on him away. He is really cute to watch.
It has moved itself next to a goni, we moved him away a few times thinking our stroms had pushed him there, but every morning he is back next to it almost touching the goni, he seems happy enough and is growing so we will leave him be.

IMG_0178.JPG

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
HI,
Just thought I would let everyone know that the teeny tiny clam we bought that was about the size of a thumbnail (and a large one at that), has actually grown to about the size of 2.5 thumb nails. lol
For the first time since we have owned him, he is now showing colour, and my prediction that he was brown like our bigger one, is absolutely spot on.
It looks exactly like its mum. He opens every day and even closes and blows the odd bit of sand that has landed on him away. He is really cute to watch.
It has moved itself next to a goni, we moved him away a few times thinking our stroms had pushed him there, but every morning he is back next to it almost touching the goni, he seems happy enough and is growing so we will leave him be.

View attachment 51771
how do you look after yours, any tips for me?

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
how do you look after yours, any tips for me?
To be honest @Susan Bates I dont do anything special.
I buy them put them in the tank and they seem to take care of themselves :)
Only thing I do watch out for is supps usage in particular Mag and Cal. when they have a growing spurt I seem to have to up the dose of both for a period of a couple of weeks then drop back down slightly again.
Other that that nothing special at all.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
2.5 thumbnails? You Aussies wouldn't be taking the piss out of the Yank would you? :D

Nice little clam, everyone says when they're small they're difficult, I've never had an issue other than the Saron shrimp thinking it was his own raw bar, bastard!! :mad: