Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Update 5
ok so have got my substrate sorted. I have gone the Carbisea Ultra pink which is their Fiji pink with extra pink bits :) apprently there was alot of requests for more pink bits from australia consumers so its the only place it is sold :)

I have seen it in Jamos tank and yeah love it.

Grain size is .5-1.5 mix which looks really natural whilst still being really white!

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
The small redlines were also picked up on Friday as part of the NSW group buy and are chilling in the QT tank, they have already set up a cleaning station and have been picking at the tangs.

I will try and grab some photos later, but it looks really cool seeing a 2cm red line clean a 3cm yellow tang :)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Next issue, circulation pumps! Tunze vs Vortech AKA Quiet Vs Noisy, Heat Vs No Heat, Larger Vs Smaller intank footprint, Cord internal Vs Cord External, Direct flow Vs Wide flow......

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
I say vortec ! With this build being majorly about looking good and clean bulky pumps in the tank will take from the overall look I think

parrdog

Sep 19, 2011
Engadine
Everything seems to be coming along very nicely, Ads, very nicely :cool:.

Hmmm, Vortech vs Tunze. I love my Vortechs now they are working, haha. They are quite quiet now too. They are enclosed though which makes a difference. If they weren't noisy, or a bit delicate, they'd be perfect.

Good luck with it,
Jamo.

PS: My Redliners are awesome, too :).

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I say vortec ! With this build being majorly about looking good and clean bulky pumps in the tank will take from the overall look I think
I like everything about vortech except the noise, I like jamos idea of boxing them but I dont think I can really do that.......(?)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Can you include prices of equipment as you go along? Or is your wife reading following this thread? :cool:
Drop me a PM if your interested but im trying not to focus so much on the cost side of things, just doing it right.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
OK lite reading time, Comprehensive reviews on the 6105 and MP40 including sounds levels, foot print, $/L, L/W etc etc

Again these are taken from Danilo Ronchi's site, I highly recommend you check his site out.