Tank Journal Archive

Kevinicus

Jan 4, 2012
I can see that there are no expenses spared on this project Ads! Coming along nicely, keep updating us :)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
shhhhhhh kev, this is a very economical build and this is what needs to be spent to do it right, there are no other alternatives :)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
so still battling with the lights decision.

The elos needs controllers to do what every other light on the market seems to come standard with, this bumps the price up quiet a bit

The illumagics body will be silver anodised but i will need to try and get the fans, endcaps and controllers painted, which may flake and i may have finish issues and not sure how long it will keep looking pretty for.

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
If you pull the body apart and get it acid dipped or soda blasted tht should strip the anodised layer off and then use etch primer and go enamel white like the cabinet ?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
The E-Vision touch does look cool and does a number of others things but apart from it looking cool im trying to justifty the need for it

awww.elos.eu_public_mat_image_Touch.jpg

I could just run the lights flat out all of the time but I wanted to get the lights fully upgraded to have 4 banks, which would make it the same light output as two illamagics. A little worried that this create issues though.

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
I'm assuming the endcaps and such are plastic ? I have sprayed a whole car interior black and the plastic paint I used actually eats into the plastic and becomes part of it(no flaking)..... I don't know for sure but I would assume you could get white too ? You can buy it in either a can for use In a compressor or pressure pack.....