• Batfish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ben Daley

/dev/null
Dec 23, 2016
Melbourne
Unrealistic Expectations
While looking for a cheap QT tank I came across this picture (and many others like it).
I love the addition of the airstone!

adrive_google_com_uc_be71018127e0850ad036fc0237d3d633._.png

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
All I can say is WOW STRONG PHOTOCHOP!! They're selling 30 gallon set ups here and selling Regal tangs (Dorys) with them.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Some dealers give out a voucher for the fish for you to pick up after the tank's cycled. We've tried going through the legislature and I've testified myself that it's cruel and inhumane. It hasn't made it out for a vote.

Ben Daley

/dev/null
Dec 23, 2016
Melbourne
Some dealers give out a voucher for the fish for you to pick up after the tank's cycled. We've tried going through the legislature and I've testified myself that it's cruel and inhumane. It hasn't made it out for a vote.
Good on you for stepping up and doing something about it Rob.

I was speaking with the owner of a LFS a while back who said a customer came in a few years ago and wanted to buy Nemo, Dory, salt and the tank to keep them in (taking the lot home on the same day of course). No sale thankfully.

Wallypops

Apr 13, 2017
Yeah well when I bought my beginner set up, which came with a 2', 1.5',1 tank and 4 kilos of live rock, and a internal powerhead and heater, I asked about getting a Blue Tang (little did I know, pretty ignorant at the time) and the person at the store was like yeah you could probably put two in it.

One day we will get to Blue Tang size but for the meantime I'm happy with my two captive bred clownfish from MacU in Sydney

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Regals are quite the swimmers, they are bound to bommies most of the time, but when they wanna go somewhere, they school up and they go. A 4x2 would be the smallest I'd say for Regal tangs.