Reef Discussion

pummerz

Jul 20, 2013
Hove
I know a lot of people are going to say it doesn't work. But I have only had white spot once. Which I treated with "medic" and haven't had any problems since. This can be used in your DT, but you have to use it religiously morning and night for a few weeks.

Cheers,
Ben...

Last edited:

Gunners85

May 23, 2013
Thanks for all the help again guys! I really appreciate it!! Ill monitor the behaviour of him tonight and make sure he is eating and that it isn't spreading through the tank... I think the stress that was caused to the fish might have been from my 3 year old nephew hitting the tank every now and then over the weekend while I was baby sitting him... Bloody kids! lol

Gunners85

May 23, 2013
Great news guys!! I've come home tonight to find the white spot has all but gone! Can still see it a little bit on him but it has gone down considerably since last night... And best of all the other fish show no signs of it on the either!!! :worshipIll keep an eye on him and keep you updated but thank god I don't have to go through quarantining this time at this stage!! Thanks again so much for all your help and advice! (I hope I haven't celebrated too early:confused:) must have been my nephew that was stressing him out lol!

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
This is the stage where the parasite drops off the fish, you will probably see it pop up again in a few days time. It sucks but your tank will never be ich free unless you cure the fish and leave the tank fishless for 8-12 weeks.

riley

Apr 25, 2013
GYMEA BAY
celebrated too early. this would be the time to QT the fish if wanna do that method. your in stage 2 of the ich's life cycle when it drops off the fish to your substrate to reproduce. from my understanding it lays eggs which later hatch and become free swimming and attach to a host fish. i believe the eggs stage can happen over a week but can be longer with the other 3 stages been quick. if it spreads to your other fish its usually on the 2nd cycle. the stress could be from your nephew but i would be checking other possible issues i.e water par or rapid charges, fish bullying, over stocking etc..

i found this article an interesting read then when i studied up on ich. its quite old so take it with a grain of salt. i found #14 in life & visuals quite intesting which sugests that the ich stain in your tank will become less infective after 11 months.
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/23132-marine-ich-myths-facts.html