Reef Discussion

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Torch Coral Is Acting Weird!
Hey all,

So my partner has just sent me this photo:

IMG_1240.JPG

Whats going on? Last night the coral was FINE! Going really really well. Though now.... its like this... Also, the light has been on for about 45 minutes...

Also, I note that the stromb snail is very very nearby - so is it likely that its walked over and the torch has therefore srunk back in?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
wouldn't worry yet, they will sulk if something has upset them. How long have you had the torch? I'd say it'll open up again in the next couple hours (pending whatever was upsetting it is no longer doing so!)

Sam

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
wouldn't worry yet, they will sulk if something has upset them. How long have you had the torch? I'd say it'll open up again in the next couple hours (pending whatever was upsetting it is no longer doing so!)

Sam
Its been in the tank for about 3-4 weeks i think, its growing, its polpys are dividing and everything!

Thanks Sam! :)

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
I got home and the coral was FINE.

But the stromb was stuck in the corner. :|

She's so clumsy. But cute.

So all is good!

Thanks everyone! Oh and our serves at work were on well before I finished work :(

Ranibranch

May 30, 2015
Deception Bay
Oh my god! My Hammer was doing massive poo streams the other day! It just sat there crapping little streamers of it all over the tank, redecorating the tank with its faecal decorations. It looked pretty darn pleased with itself. Luckily it was just before a water change...

I have a Hammer and Frogspawn (cutest little baby frogspawn you've ever seen) and they shrink up like that every night and usually take a little while to wake up in the late morning when the lights come on. Corals are just drama queens and just like to have a sook every so often. My trachy is doing that today and tomorrow he will be an amorphous blob again. Mr. Jiggles (my heliofungia) likes to do a Puppetry of the Tentacles thing and tries making different shapes with his tentacles as if he's at a kids party making balloon animals in an obscene way. (My partner always worries about it but then he turns into a blubbery jumping castle again and all is well...)

These colourful bags of water sure are fascinating. XD <3

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Oh my god! My Hammer was doing massive poo streams the other day! It just sat there crapping little streamers of it all over the tank, redecorating the tank with its faecal decorations. It looked pretty darn pleased with itself. Luckily it was just before a water change...

I have a Hammer and Frogspawn (cutest little baby frogspawn you've ever seen) and they shrink up like that every night and usually take a little while to wake up in the late morning when the lights come on. Corals are just drama queens and just like to have a sook every so often. My trachy is doing that today and tomorrow he will be an amorphous blob again. Mr. Jiggles (my heliofungia) likes to do a Puppetry of the Tentacles thing and tries making different shapes with his tentacles as if he's at a kids party making balloon animals in an obscene way. (My partner always worries about it but then he turns into a blubbery jumping castle again and all is well...)

These colourful bags of water sure are fascinating. XD <3
Omg they are little drama queens!!

They sook all the time I agree! My toadstool (toady) is a bit bigger than a mans fist when full open and then when I accidentally touch it.

BANG.

down to the size of a 50 cent piece. Haha.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Corals remind me of Oscars, actually. Change something, move something, stars aligned the wrong way - they lay on the bottom of the tank and sulk petulantly lol

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Corals remind me of Oscars, actually. Change something, move something, stars aligned the wrong way - they lay on the bottom of the tank and sulk petulantly lol
HAHAHAHAHAHA. THATS HILARIOUS!

the cichlids I used to keep would just think "oh well back to work" and would start mining out their caves.

I got home and it is sooking again. The stormb has been teasing it.