Help / Suggestions

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Tj Counter
Love the idea ... but can it mark as read by visiting the forum/sub-forum rather than each TJ individually? I'm not going to go through 72 just to reset the counter ...

Thanks

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Yeah the number I reckon should be separete above each sub tile. Nano, reef and larger etc. Would make it easier to view tank journals which have updates.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Love the idea ... but can it mark as read by visiting the forum/sub-forum rather than each TJ individually? I'm not going to go through 72 just to reset the counter ...

Thanks
Hello @chimaera,

This is still in a testing stage and I just wanted to see how the community will take to it. To get rid of the counter (reset), simply click "mark forums read" in the tank journals forum. If this turns out to be more of a hassle than a feature I can just get rid of it :)

Thanks.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
To get rid of the counter (reset), simply click "mark forums read" in the tank journals forum. If this turns out to be more of a hassle than a feature I can just get rid of it :)
That's not really ideal either - if you use the "New Posts" way of viewing the forum, then pressing that takes all of the TJ updates out of your view, and they're something that one may eventually want to look at in that view.
Personally, I find looking at individual forum sections tedious, so New Posts is my view. The number up above TJs is kind of annoying, but I don't want to mark all of them read just to solve one annoyance by creating another (ie having to go through TJs and guess which ones I haven't read that I may want to).

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I actually quite like the idea of the TJ unread alerts ... but I am on here a lot and still don't read every TJ update, so can imagine how annoying it would be for someone who frequents the board every few days and has 50 alerts to go through.