Reef Discussion

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
Thoughts Please
Hang on refugium or external overflow box.

What are peoples thoughts on eternal overflow boxes, looking into it as i have a redsea max 250 which cant be drilled has tempered glass in rear from what I read, I also thought about hang on refugium but I feel the whole extra 4-5L is a waist of time.

Max size sump I could fit in the OEM cabinet would be 40x40 wide and 50cm high.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Custom tank with coast to coast bean animal overflow and custom sump to house your heater , filter sock , media and skimmer with return pump, auto top up chamber plus dosing unit.
Custom stand , gnarly lights...You know you want it , like a junky suffering withdrawal symptoms, the only way to fix your problem is to have a full blown addiction!!! So , start the planning today and get the second job to support your new habit! Welcome to the dark side my friend, don’t worry it’s ok to be an insane reefer you are in good company hanging out in the Reefuge. Bwahhahahaa!

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
Lol. I was saying to the mrs last night when I get my back payout I am going to get a 6x2x2, to fit were the 250 currently is

If I go custom or say redsea or cade r similar that's will be determined by the $$ I get. But I cant get a job as I'm broken.

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
It depends on why you want it. For nutrient export, a cheato reactor would work well or for a pod "hotel"/nutrient export, you can modify aquaclear hangon filters to be refugiums. But they are still boxes that hang on the back or side of your tank in the end.

Its a pity you cant drill the redsea tanks. It'll give people an option for better plumbing at least. Cant believe the amount of people breaking the treads on the supplied pipe work. Leaks and dramas galore.